GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Pulled the trigger on some H&R Sports instead of VWR or the Super Sports. Using stock dampers till they die. By then hopefully I can get some Koni Yellows or something. So now I have the springs and the Cobb AP on the way! Can't freaking wait[emoji16]

13 DSG GTI Autobahn, Cobb AP stage 1 ordered

Sports wont be as low as the SS but lower than the VWR.

Finally; one wrong part, a return, another shipping period, and 3.5 weeks later....

View attachment 53465

All I need are some Led headlights and my front end is just about done.

Looks good :thumbsup:

hahaha thank you sir :thumbsup:

Thank you! and do it! I only went badgeless 3 days before the show! Love the look, it cleans up the front end.

I did my swap last week and I agree, it really cleans up the front end.

Didn't wake up in time to have a worthwhile hike up some mountains today... so i did some detailing on the car instead.

wash, clay bar, polish, jet seal... might go wax it in a bit if i can find the parts i need for my orbital, otherwise i will do that on friday.

Looks great :thumbsup:

mophisto

Ready to race!
I have no idea how they got in. I can only assume our cars can be unlocked with a signal generator. It's the only thing I can think of, I've got both keys.

Quick update. Good Guy Cobb is replacing my AP at a super discounted rate! So that's nice.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
034 motor mounts came in a day earlier than I expected. I had my appointment set up for monday since I wasn't expecting the mounts til tomorrow.

The shop said I can bring in my car tomorrow though, so that's cool. Means I get to do some break-in driving this weekend.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
O2 spacer arrives today, hopefully knock out this CEL after work!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
My big order shipped, passat upgrade bolts, spring compressor and DSG stuff. Add that to tensioner and mounts, I'm going to be busy real soon.

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Uninstalled the 034 billet dogbone insert. This cheap mod has received a lot of praise, but I do a lot of city driving, and the way it made the car feel when accelerating from a stop became annoying. It's not so much the amount of vibration it created, but the way that it resonated through the cabin that I disliked. And yes, I torqued it to spec.

I have noticed that it is much easier to break the tires loose and downshifts are not as crisp without the insert, so it does work, but for my goals I'd rather have zero NVH. Hopefully when I replace these P-zeros I'll get some better traction. I plan on holding on to it, might be something to put back on if I ever take the car to a track since it only takes 5 minutes to install.

Holguin831

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage 2

OK just a quick update on the COBB AP stage 2 hesitation, Not sure if my supporting mods were not efficient enough or what but i went back to stage 1 high boost and wow finally running how it should be. So i don't know if i was running to rich and that was causing it to hesitate from a stop and or burning through coils. but its running really good now!:happyanim: but I'm not stage 2 :thumbdown:

xcpag95

Ready to race!
Oh yeah!

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Oh yeah!

Grats man I'm jealous! I need to get my tune ASAP. O2 spacer got installed, so far so good. Time shall tell!

xcpag95

Ready to race!
Grats man I'm jealous! I need to get my tune ASAP. O2 spacer got installed, so far so good. Time shall tell!

Thanks! These are my springs and tools, Cobb AP should be here tomorrow. Can't freaking wait!

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Put in my downpipe and 034 billet dogbone insert. Car feels a tiny bit stiffer. Downpipe sounds great and butt dyno approves. Haven't loaded stage 2 file yet, getting RSR DIY clutch installed next Saturday. I was dreading the upper inner bolt on the turbo but if you take the passenger axle out of the tranny it's a peice of cake to get to. I also torched the bolts till they were red hot which helped a lot even though I am only at 34k.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Put in my downpipe and 034 billet dogbone insert. Car feels a tiny bit stiffer. Downpipe sounds great and butt dyno approves. Haven't loaded stage 2 file yet, getting RSR DIY clutch installed next Saturday. I was dreading the upper inner bolt on the turbo but if you take the passenger axle out of the tranny it's a peice of cake to get to. I also torched the bolts till they were red hot which helped a lot even though I am only at 34k.

Ooooo...i want that awesome lift being used right there as my next mod.

Sent from my magic time machine after inserting crystals.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I was dreading the upper inner bolt on the turbo but if you take the passenger axle out of the tranny it's a peice of cake to get to

Remove the front part of the intake, and just use a long extension with a socket from the top.
If you want the most amount of room though, you can just pull the battery & the tray and it's even easier to get to

Removing the axle seems like a lot more work (IMO)

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Remove the front part of the intake, and just use a long extension with a socket from the top.
If you want the most amount of room though, you can just pull the battery & the tray and it's even easier to get to

Removing the axle seems like a lot more work (IMO)

I see what you mean but we just took the tranny end out, left it in the wheel hub. It's 6 triple square bolts and it just rests on the subframe.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
With 45 miles or so it appears my CBFA CEL has been defeated huzzah! No codes in the ECU, and no CEL!