GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace RB vs. Stern vs. KMD Rear Stress Bars

Winoman

Ready to race!
So this part basically helps with body roll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No not exactly (though perhaps it helps some....don't know) - it seems to keep the rear of the car planted and tracking along the path the front is taking - allowing quicker cornering and ability to accelerate earlier while in the turn (this is just my subjective impression).

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got around to installing my Stern RB yesterday. Fairly easy as long as you lift the rear end of your car as much as it takes for a CBE install or higher. Clears the Neuspeed CBE easily. As others have mentioned, this brace makes the rear end "feel" a little more solid. I believe it simply stiffens up the rear subframe a bit. I'm hoping to get more feedback on my next track day.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Bump it! :bonk:

Did anyone else notice rear subframe clunks after installing this brace? (Uni RB or Stern) If yes and you figured out the issue please share your results.

I used thread lock, per Stern instructions, on the two outer bolts and also re-checked/tightened all the bolts about a week after installation. Then I recently had the Tyrolsport rear deadset subframe bushings installed. The clunk is still there every time I back out of my driveway turning. It might be my swaybar end-link bearings. I'll re-inspect everything soon but just looking for input from others who may have already gone through this issue.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Bump again! I have the Unibrace RB and haven't installed it yet but would the KMD rear upper stress bar even work with it or would there be clearance issues between the two?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Bump again! I have the Unibrace RB and haven't installed it yet but would the KMD rear upper stress bar even work with it or would there be clearance issues between the two?

I believe these both utilize the same mount points, so it would be one or the other not both.