GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wind noise? Road noise? on MK6 3dr

Burn

I'm wondering if I have this issue or if I have an exhaust issue - because I hear what sounds like wind noise, but it's definitely more engine load/rpm linked than it is speed linked. Also seems to be coming from below me, not near my ear. It *sounds* like an exhaust leak to me, but I was thinking this might be a normal sound... but it's definitely NOT coming from the engine bay or resonator up there and it's NOT coming from the rear with the normal exhaust noise. Won't be able to get to my dealer for at least a week or so (heading out of town), so any thoughts?

I noticed this for the first time today. Thought maybe the door seal (mine is noisy) was allowing exhaust noise in... don't think that's it though. Let me know when/what you find out.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
I haven't noticed any leaking rear wiper or noise from the B pillar.

However, I did notice the rear wiper would run one cycle when I engaged reverse without turning on the rear wiper. It may have been an anomoly.

Supersonnic

I haven't noticed any leaking rear wiper or noise from the B pillar.

However, I did notice the rear wiper would run one cycle when I engaged reverse without turning on the rear wiper. It may have been an anomoly.

That's normal! Just think how cool that is wheb its raining and your wipers are on, and you need to go in reverse and your car is cleaning the back window for you. :thumbup:That's one of the new features on 2010.

Btw, i am experiencing noise as well. I noticed it as soon as i took it out from the dealership. I'm going next week to check that out.

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
To get the wind noise to stop you have to adjust the door inward, just loosen the bolts on the latch-hook, tap it toward the inside and re-tighten. If you don't have the tool to fit the bolts you can probably borrow one from a mechanic or something..

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Ok. So I re checked my car in today 7:30am. the new guy who took my car in was much better than the guy from the other day. He totally understood what the problem is and agreed it's a common problem on 3doors(the guy on Tuesday told me that he never heard about this problem. F*** a***le!). He informed me that he will have to take a look at the striker plate and the seals, in the worst case bend the door (!?).

Got a call back in a few hours. I am told that they did the striker plate and seal(sounds like a pretty common solution according to this forum). went on a test drive. 35-silent, 45-ah! silent, 60-ahhh!silent, 70-ahhhhhh! it's solved!!!!!

I hear the regular wind noises(it was gusty today here in chicago), but those annoying cracking noises and suspected road noises are gone!!!! Those who experience bothering noises over your left side shoulder should defiantely check your car in. it's a fixable problem. Also, The door is still flush with the rest of the panel. actually it looks better flush than the passenger side, but I won't mess around with the passenger side since it's absolutely silent on that side.

side note, when I asked about the rear nozzle, he knew about the issue and told me that the parts are on it's way. good to know things are being taken care of.

Kudos to the Fletcher Jones tech support in Chicago and F* that dude who took care of my car on Tuesday.

Which dealer did you go to in Chicago? I am taking mine in this afternoon for this issue, hopefully I can mention the door or the striker plate. I have it on both doors. On a side note, I wish it would stop snowing so I could enjoy a clean looking black car for once!

Supersonnic

To get the wind noise to stop you have to adjust the door inward, just loosen the bolts on the latch-hook, tap it toward the inside and re-tighten. If you don't have the tool to fit the bolts you can probably borrow one from a mechanic or something..

Thanks for the advice! I did that and it solved the problem.:clap: It took me a while to get perfect angle, my door wasn't closing properly, but now it's all perfect. Door closes easily and no noise at all. I did the same on the passenger side, and the interior is lot more quiet.:lol: