GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Was this thing at waterfest? Oh my lord, I would never put my car on there. There's literally no airflow from that baby fan sitting in front of it.
Yes, I quickly realized I wasted my money watching others dyno in front of me. I can't believe how low the dyno reads as well.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Yes, I quickly realized I wasted my money watching others dyno in front of me. I can't believe how low the dyno reads as well.

I don't know much about the dyno type to say if it reads high or low, but any dyno in those conditions would produce low results. The fan they were using was really tiny. It was hot outside, and there's no air really cooling anything down. This is completely necessary to make power. When you're on the road, airflow across the coolers and through the engine bay is quite high and increases with speed. Sitting static in a parking lot with a carpet can is a far cry from reality.

Point being, it's dangerous. I'd advise against anyone using a portable setup without more cooling.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Was this thing at waterfest? Oh my lord, I would never put my car on there. There's literally no airflow from that baby fan sitting in front of it.
Yes, it was!

I don't know much about the dyno type to say if it reads high or low, but any dyno in those conditions would produce low results. The fan they were using was really tiny. It was hot outside, and there's no air really cooling anything down. This is completely necessary to make power. When you're on the road, airflow across the coolers and through the engine bay is quite high and increases with speed. Sitting static in a parking lot with a carpet can is a far cry from reality.

Point being, it's dangerous. I'd advise against anyone using a portable setup without more cooling.
Everyone was running super low numbers. The fan was definitely too small for the job. That was the first comment I made when I saw the setup. It was warm out also.

UM's 2.5l Turbo Golf R dyno'd at 250... super bad... a MKV GLI before that did 360. I have the video for that one. He ran open turbo.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it was!

Everyone was running super low numbers. The fan was definitely too small for the job. That was the first comment I made when I saw the setup. It was warm out also.

UM's 2.5l Turbo Golf R dyno'd at 250... super bad... a MKV GLI before that did 360. I have the video for that one. He ran open turbo.
320ish was the highest I saw, it was a turbo R32.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
i was about to get my car on that thing but I said let me see a car first...when they told this poor kid that his stage 2 mk6 gti only put 212WHP i laughed and walked away

dave80

Go Kart Champion
320ish was the highest I saw, it was a turbo R32.

that dyno reads about 10-15% less from your regular dynojet. Bigger fan wouldn't help you much with your numbers. Ask lolgli about his dyno results...there was no fan.....

james9120

Go Kart Champion
that dyno reads about 10-15% less from your regular dynojet. Bigger fan wouldn't help you by much with your numbers. Ask lolgli about his dyno results...there was no fan.....
I think it might help a little, I put down .1 more HP when the wind was blowing on the 3rd run, I have a video of it showing the tent falling down on my car from the gust [emoji23]

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
i am. a tad bit better idle. still zero misfires. ran quite a few logs with them. working well. but, i had zero misfires on the 7Bs as well. Jamie asked me to run these, so i am.

:thumbup:

Very good! Are you getting the super quick rpm drop when you're about to corm to a stop and engage the clutch? It almost feels like the engine is cutting out....if so did the new plugs help?

lol gli

Go Kart Champion
No drop at all Matt

Also, I should have specified better idle at startup. Forgot to put that out there

Texting you now