GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor!?

808-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
So I unplugged that damn noise maker for almost a year. I just so happened to be curious on what it sounded like before I unplugged it... So I went ahead and plugged it in. I don't remember it being so difficult to put back on? Now I'm trying to get the damn thing off, but for f*** sake it won't come off!! :mad0259:

I push the tab to the right and it only goes maybe a quarter of the way I seen it go in the diy video I seen on how to remove it. Did I plug it back on backwards or? Idk so confused.

808-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
image.jpg

That's how far it'll go, it won't budge anymore If I were to pull just a little bit harder, I'll know I'll break it.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Def don't force it... try making sure its connected properly before removing. Also try to do this when its warmer out. It could have gunk in it from sitting around for so long uncovered.

robotvoice

The same exact thing happened to me. I took a long flathead screwdriver and it helped nudge that piece out the rest of the way.

808-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
The same exact thing happened to me. I took a long flathead screwdriver and it helped nudge that piece out the rest of the way.

Haha I tried doing that, but I was afraid of breaking it. So for now this poor excuse for engine noise will be installed until I figure out another way to try and enable/disable it when I feel like it. Thanks though man much appreciated.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I'll never know what mine sounds like again:

I removed it when I sent the ECU off to be flashed! I did tape over the connectors though.