GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iOS 5.1

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I just noticed the camera icon on the unlock screen is a swipe instead of a button.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Ouch!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46674766/ns/technology_and_science-security/

Apple has released fixes for 81 security bugs in its new iOS 5.1 mobile operating system, including Safari, Siri and Passcode flaws that could expose users' devices to hackers or allow them to be corrupted remotely.

One of the bugs, the Passcode Lock flaw detailed in Apple's software upgrade advisory Wednesday, allowed for the bypass of the passcode screen on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices at the hands of someone with physical access to the device. The flaw, Apple said, "existed in the handling of slide to dial gestures," the physical left-to-right swipe needed to unlock a device.

Siri was fixed to prevent the iPhone personal assistant from heeding voice commands that, when enabled for use on the lock screen, could trick it into sending messages to an arbitrary recipient.

Along with two Kernel bugs and a Safari browser flaw that accidentally recorded Private Browsing sites, Apple fixed 71 vulnerabilities in WebKit, the library used in iOS and Google's Android browser, as well as numerous other browsers.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Has nothing to do with this thread mr. Anti apple hater

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Has nothing to do with this thread mr. Anti apple hater

This thread isn't about iOS 5.1? Because that's what the link is for. It's just FYI for people to know about what was really updated.

By the way, isn't a "anti-Apple hater" someone that hates anti-Apple people? ;)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else seeing decreased battery life since the update? I feel I've used my phone less than usual today and have 30% battery left. Typically I have 50-60% left at this time of day.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else seeing decreased battery life since the update? I feel I've used my phone less than usual today and have 30% battery left. Typically I have 50-60% left at this time of day.

How dare you not have something good to say!!! One of the other mods need to address this immediately!!!!!!!!!!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
How dare you not have something good to say!!! One of the other mods need to address this immediately!!!!!!!!!!

I know! I'll go and ban myself :p

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
This thread isn't about iOS 5.1? Because that's what the link is for. It's just FYI for people to know about what was really updated.

By the way, isn't a "anti-Apple hater" someone that hates anti-Apple people? ;)

You are right. Th title is about that. My apologies. That's what happens when you get tired. Lol

Either way you still on a asking apple attitude that seems you refuse to stop on.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Why does he need to stop, because your a fanboy who doesn't want anyone's opinion that contradicts your own? There's 2 sides to evey story, I for one like to see informed posts shedding light on both side of the story instead of just hearing about how great gods gift to hipsters are and whining that people should be banned for not agreeing.

And for the record, I have an iPod shuffle, iPod nano with video, iPad2, i've ha the original iphone, 2g, 3g and my wife and I both have iPhone4s now and we also have 2 PC computers.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Either way you still on a asking apple attitude that seems you refuse to stop on.

Like you with Forge? It's a 2 way street, your quick to share your own opinion and quicker to try to shut down those with opinions you don't like.

(not defending Forge, they suck something fierce, but stfu with the double standards and complaining)

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Huh?

Anyway, the 5.1 update is said to fix the volume bug. Don't know what this is. Never had that problem.
But the mono sound problem through Bluetooth with rcd510 and 9w7 is still there.
And also the music playing automatically on the phone (not meaning the setting to play it on the rcd510 automatically) when get into the car. This happens on all devices it seems anyway. Happens on my Sony Ericsson c905a too.

Anyone have a 5.0.1 jailbroken update over the air to 5.1?