GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
lol, Yup...had to find a bumper cover somewhere else though. Jimellis had it listed it on their site for like $300 with $50 shipping, but they sent me an email this morning saying they don't ship bumper covers. That left me with a few options...Place an order at ECS for a $300 bumper but pay $200 in shipping and worry about it being damaged, get it from a dealer a couple hours away for about $500, or get one local for $65 more, so I've gone with the local option.

Kinda screwed up the deal I was trying to get, but oh well...

yeah its to bad youre not closer... theyre just north of ATL, IIRC

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Starting to get butteRflies

riceburner

Autocross Champion
any day now the local paint shop will have my ebay golf r bumper ready for me! super excited. for 300 bucks +200 in painting, for the full swap but comparing various reviews i have high hopes it will suffice vs paying ~1000 or more for OEM.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
any day now the local paint shop will have my ebay golf r bumper ready for me! super excited. for 300 bucks +200 in painting, for the full swap but comparing various reviews i have high hopes it will suffice vs paying ~1000 or more for OEM.

Oh ya, I'll be well over $1k by the time I finish having it painted and everything. I'll probably have them blend it into the fenders so paint will be a little more too.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a replica though. I thought about it briefly.

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Oh ya, I'll be well over $1k by the time I finish having it painted and everything. I'll probably have them blend it into the fenders so paint will be a little more too.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a replica though. I thought about it briefly.

the replicas looks like shit. they just look funny/wierd from certain angles.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
the replicas looks like shit. they just look funny/wierd from certain angles.

I watched a couple videos and noticed some stuff I didn't like. Like the headlight washer caps not sitting flush and actually protruding, or the spot where the tow hook is looking kind of concave. Plus lots of people saying the grill inserts don't quite fit right. I didn't want to worry about any of that after spending 600-800 on a replica kit and paint. I think I'll be around $1800 after all I'm done though, but I'm also having my parents spend $600 on this and I just won $600 from the Superbowl, and I just got my tax return, so I've got some extra cash to throw around right now.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
all points above noted... my oem bumer just doesn't mount right anymore, and don't like the GTI bumper look so said FUCKIT and went this route. If it just doesn't work out, i can resell later.

Long as it 'sortafits' well enough i'll be good with it, again for ~500 said and done. I'll be sure to update.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
all points above noted... my oem bumer just doesn't mount right anymore, and don't like the GTI bumper look so said FUCKIT and went this route. If it just doesn't work out, i can resell later.

Long as it 'sortafits' well enough i'll be good with it, again for ~500 said and done. I'll be sure to update.

I'm interested in seeing how it fits for you though, maybe I'll regret spending all that cash lol

Right now I feel like every day I'm finding additional parts I need to buy to get this to fit right and it's stressing me out.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
First box of bumper parts showed up today.

I love the gloss black slats, can't wait to be rid of the honeycomb.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I'm interested in seeing how it fits for you though, maybe I'll regret spending all that cash lol

Right now I feel like every day I'm finding additional parts I need to buy to get this to fit right and it's stressing me out.

I will keep you apprised :) again based on other reviews/pictures i've seen, short of assembly and a little bit of gap between the fender/bumper, it appears to fit well.

I'm also replacing all my beat up splash shields/wheel wells while doing this

Yup. I got one and returned it because it was really ugly. It ended up breaking in half when it arrived to the seller but I still got a full refund haha

The fitment is perfect. Just gotta remove the foam piece on the crash bar

Thanks, from what i've seen it achieves the basic 'R' look, i am super anal about the details but having not seen a r replica in person yet i'm excited to see how it looks.

First box of bumper parts showed up today.

I love the gloss black slats, can't wait to be rid of the honeycomb.

X2 excited for my front mount intercooler to poke through :D

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Found the center grill piece doesn't fit with my neuspeed intercooler. This is as far as I can push it in...Some trimming required I guess.

Also found a couple more parts I need to get it to fit properly.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
ha good to know for me! trim before hand check lol