GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

42 Draft Designs Not Returning Calls, Emails

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
EDIT: All's well with 42 Draft Designs!

...it's just a 1 man shop these days. No worries. You go, Johnny!

From John at 42:

"I am the only person who handles the customer service end, phones and emails, and my position has definitely grown and I am not longer able to handle it all by myself. I am in a period where I am trying to do multiple peoples jobs and keeping up with the emails and it is a pretty large challenge. We are currently trying to remedy this by finding another guy to work in the office with me.

We do manufacture these in-house [turbo back exhausts]. Over the years we have acquired different machines and equipment to help us build these from scratch. Every flange is cut in house from steel on our waterjet machine and CNC mills, all pipes bent in house on our mandrel bender, everything assembled on jigs and fixtures we have made in house, and everything is finished by American welders in house. Heck even the building we operate out of was built by our owner and his brother and father from the ground up. We pride ourselves in what we have created!"

(mods, feel free to delete this thread...I don't wish to tarnish their reputation for outstanding service.) And if there's anyone qualified to help them out, go apply for a job, this guy deserves some help!

Last edited:

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
Yes, that was the number alright...called 3 times today and got a recording and left a voice message.

Good to know they're still alive up there it seems, but how long it the average wait time on a TBE? Anyone order one recently?

It's been weeks and I don't know...suddenly I had the feeling I was ordering an exhaust from a Chinese vendor on Ebay.

Any one got a contact I could try? Instead of the generic sales email address on their website?

EDIT: I spoke to John, who said they're very short staffed. Excuse me, everyone, for panicking.

Last edited:

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered a their catback from them during the black friday sale and didn't receive it until mid jan. But overall, John responded promptly whenever I asked about my order.

JEG

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered one on 3 Feb. I checked with them on the 24th and it still wasn't ready to ship. Just trying to be patient.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
42DD is a stand-up company. No issues.

Be patient, ppl, these are typically made-to-order, not a bunch of thin-walled, scrap pieces of tubing sitting on a shelf waiting to be drop-shipped from China.

JEG

Passed Driver's Ed
42DD is a stand-up company. No issues.

Be patient, ppl, these are typically made-to-order, not a bunch of thin-walled, scrap pieces of tubing sitting on a shelf waiting to be drop-shipped from China.

That's the only reason I ordered from them and am able to wait. I could have ordered an AWE, Magnaflow or other quality brand, but I wanted a custom, American made work of art.

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
That's the only reason I ordered from them and am able to wait. I could have ordered an AWE, Magnaflow or other quality brand, but I wanted a custom, American made work of art.

This right here...

Mine shipped yesterday, got a tracking number from John... I just had unreasonable expectations of turnaround time I guess in my case.

I guess I thought most of it was already in stock and would just be a simple weld job.

SetInMotion

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered my exhaust from them nearly 2 years ago at WF. It must have taken 4 to 6 weeks to get to me. I knew it was going to take about that long when I ordered it but it was worth it to support a small business in the U.S. They're a great company that make great products.

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
I ordered my exhaust from them nearly 2 years ago at WF. It must have taken 4 to 6 weeks to get to me. I knew it was going to take about that long when I ordered it but it was worth it to support a small business in the U.S. They're a great company that make great products.

No doubt they are....

Is yours loud man? Catted? Res?

SetInMotion

Passed Driver's Ed
Catted and Resonated. It's loud when it needs to be for sure. Quiet when driving around but you can still hear it. I get a lot of compliments on it.

HSBREVERSEDSUKS

Go Kart Champion
We started selling 42 Draft Designs products two months ago...and have been extremely happy with both the service and quality of the products being produced.

They make majority of there products in-house, with very strict tolerances, and they make sure to keep producing great quality standards.. time and time again.

We support them 100%

If you are looking for any of there products, please give us a call.. We would be glad to help assist any members on the forum.

Kevin

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
Catted and Resonated. It's loud when it needs to be for sure. Quiet when driving around but you can still hear it. I get a lot of compliments on it.

Good to know - that's consistent with everything else I read about this system, which I why I'm anxious to have mine installed.