GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: How to adjust Bi-xenon headlight range

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I had the Vagcom method done with help from a friend and it worked great. I forgot what it was like to be able to see so far ahead at night lol.

2014GTI

Ready to race!
So I have installed the US golf R non led bi-xenon headlights and afs all is working, I ran the software level in vag but noticed that the halogens had a cutoff about 4in higher is this normal or should I us the manual adjustment to match the original cutoff of the halogens?

drift_boy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi , I;m driving at VW mk6 GTi non DRL editiong but with AFS and corning assist i think is what its called.

I feel my headlights are pretty dipped downwards. Im going to try option 2 tonight . Hopefully the beams will point slightly upwards as i cant really see stuffs at night .Being RHD also it seems the left shines like 20% further than the right which i believe is to not blind oncoming traffic.

Also can anyone advise me where is the so call sensor for the load in the rear located?

THanks~

thegave

Ready to race!
It's attached to the LHD driver's side rear control arm. If you're in the UK then it would be on the nearside rear control arm.

zrickety

The Fixer
I wasn't sure about the left and right adjustment with the hidden allen. This thread confirmed what I found.

El Mariachi

Thanks for this post. After lowering the car... I couldn't see but a few feet out in front of me. I did the manual adjustment this morning in the garage. Will take the car out tonight for a drive and make some more adjustments if needed.

LunaticGTI02

I want to lower my car but i been told that if I do my headlights won't turn and go up and down like they do now. would this solve this problem? I have the aftermarket LED light and im also getting a code that my fog light its out but its not what can i do to fix that?
Does anyone have the link to buy the VCDS and which one is the right one for my GTI

BMAN

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry to reply to an old post but have a question. Has anyone had luck using option 2 with the new los version of obdeleven? I used my bothers scanner but it keeps giving me a message, function cancelled marginal condition