GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

jorlay

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys!

I'm looking to get new wheels for the summer. I'm currently on H&R Super Sports with Koni Yellows, and eventually changing them out for DGs probably next year.

I'm looking at getting VMR 19x8.5 et45 all around with 225/35R19 but would like to add about 10mm spacer in the rear for a bit of poke.

1) Looks like if I can clear H&R Super Sports, DGs should have no problem right?
2) With my current H&R Super Sports, I'm expecting to do the fender screw mod; is there anything else I will need to do? What about the rear with the spacers?
3) Will I need to run any camber? I'm expecting stock camber ranges should suffice?

Thanks!

**EDIT** looks like the guy above me asked the same thing oops... Not exactly sure if my height has too much different though... Am I safe with 10mm spacers in the back?

quaxer

Will 18x8.5 et 31's with 225/40R18 tires work on my 2011 GTI stock height? What about with 245/40R18's?

Thanks guys.

GTIguy69

19x8.5 ET45

rsz__dsc0739.jpg

rsz__dsc0741.jpg

Hey guys!

I'm looking to get new wheels for the summer. I'm currently on H&R Super Sports with Koni Yellows, and eventually changing them out for DGs probably next year.

I'm looking at getting VMR 19x8.5 et45 all around with 225/35R19 but would like to add about 10mm spacer in the rear for a bit of poke.

1) Looks like if I can clear H&R Super Sports, DGs should have no problem right?
2) With my current H&R Super Sports, I'm expecting to do the fender screw mod; is there anything else I will need to do? What about the rear with the spacers?
3) Will I need to run any camber? I'm expecting stock camber ranges should suffice?

Thanks!

**EDIT** looks like the guy above me asked the same thing oops... Not exactly sure if my height has too much different though... Am I safe with 10mm spacers in the back?

Hey man,

I posted about my 19x8.5's a few comments above. I finally got it done and got the car back today. Here is a picture of my fitment with 19x8.5 ET45 all around with 225/35r19 tires. I'm not super duper low... just low enough to clear the fender gap in the rear and i left a hair of a gap in front for a no-worry clearance for turning without rubbing. Some people would say "That isn't low!" or "Is that even lowered?"...

I dont listen to them... There are too many people out there that want to ride on their oil pan.

Im not sure how low you plan on going, but the fitment in my picture gives me absolutely NO rubbing. at all. and my suspension isnt even that stiff. I tried testing it today taking highway off-ramps at high speeds, going in that pesky CVS entrance with the big lump of a ramp going in... no rub. So if you want to go any lower than what i have displayed in the picture then i cant speak for it.

Last edited:

jorlay

Passed Driver's Ed
View attachment 55067

View attachment 55068

Hey man,

I posted about my 19x8.5's a few comments above. I finally got it done and got the car back today. Here is a picture of my fitment with 19x8.5 ET45 all around with 225/35r19 tires. I'm not super duper low... just low enough to clear the fender gap in the rear and i left a hair of a gap in front for a no-worry clearance for turning without rubbing. Some people would say "That isn't low!" or "Is that even lowered?"...

I dont listen to them... There are too many people out there that want to ride on their oil pan.

Im not sure how low you plan on going, but the fitment in my picture gives me absolutely NO rubbing. at all. and my suspension isnt even that stiff. I tried testing it today taking highway off-ramps at high speeds, going in that pesky CVS entrance with the big lump of a ramp going in... no rub. So if you want to go any lower than what i have displayed in the picture then i cant speak for it.

That fitment looks great.
What suspension / springs are you dropped on? and are you Manual / DSG?

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
my tires are 225/40R18 and rims are 18x8.5 et 45. what would be a good suspension to get to fill in the gap(there is a huge one). i plan to get coils, do they need to have a camber adjustment setting? Right now I'm on stock suspension(MK6 2.5). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I have no clue about this kinda stuff.

Roctre

Ready to race!
my tires are 225/40R18 and rims are 18x8.5 et 45. what would be a good suspension to get to fill in the gap(there is a huge one). i plan to get coils, do they need to have a camber adjustment setting? Right now I'm on stock suspension(MK6 2.5). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I have no clue about this kinda stuff.

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/bilstein-b14-pss-1-way-adjustable-coilover-47-158283
Would be my pick plus we have a 5% off coupon with moddedeuros GOLFMK6FORUM

WRCGolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
The wheel dilema

Looking at these. Will these clear the calipers???

2012 Golf R

Team Dynamics Pro Race 3

17x7 et45

Last edited:

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
This seems for the proper thread for this post..
ordered these and they're coming in a few weeks.

What's the next step to prevent issues with the new wheels..
19x8.5 ET38. No tires yet for them but 225/40/19 would help?

On the car right now, 19x8.0 ET45. 235/35/19 Dunlop
Neuspeed sport springs w/ bilstein mono-tube struts..

Fender work?
Would the 235 be able to be used for the new wheels? Still have half life of thread on them..

Appreciate any input.

cyan9

The Wheels I want to get are of below specs:
Size: 18X8.0
Bolt Pattern: 5X112
Offset: 40

I have stock ride height. Is there any thing special I need to do for the wheels to fit?

speedystef

Hi all, my first post here.

Tonight I bought a set of 4 Charleston 18" 5x112 7.5J ET51 to replace my Porto 17" 5x112 7.0J ET54, cost me £700.

I am replacing on a Mk6 GT TSi, haven't fitted yet, anyone done a similar swap (17 to 18 on a GT TSi) any advice on fitting them, will I need them balanced at a garage etc.

Also will my tyre pressure monitor work as well with different sized tyres? Thanks all, glad to be here

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Hi all, my first post here.

Tonight I bought a set of 4 Charleston 18" 5x112 7.5J ET51 to replace my Porto 17" 5x112 7.0J ET54, cost me £700.

I am replacing on a Mk6 GT TSi, haven't fitted yet, anyone done a similar swap (17 to 18 on a GT TSi) any advice on fitting them, will I need them balanced at a garage etc.

Also will my tyre pressure monitor work as well with different sized tyres? Thanks all, glad to be here

the Charlestons are exactly the specs of stock GTI wheels so they will fit without issue depending on ride height. Yes you should have them balanced at a garage. I have no idea about potential TPMS issues but I wouldn't be worried about it.

speedystef

the Charlestons are exactly the specs of stock GTI wheels so they will fit without issue depending on ride height. Yes you should have them balanced at a garage. I have no idea about potential TPMS issues but I wouldn't be worried about it.

Appreciate the response, the suspension on the GT is lowered by 15mm (I believe the ride height is the same as the GTi / GTD).

Are you running 18"s? Everywhere I have read online since buying them has suggested that moving to 18 from 17 is blasphemous, I understand that performance will be slightly different I just can't envisage the ride getting "much worse" etc.

Am excited to get them on though!