GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
You get used to it. I lived in Florida for a while. You are nearing hurricane season so get ready for even more.

Been here for over 20 years, I don't think I'll ever get used to the humidity and heat haha I hate it. I think what I hate the most is that we don't actually get any real cold weather for more than like a week or two at a time. I don't need snow, just a solid 3 months or more of some decent mid 40's-60's.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Been here for over 20 years, I don't think I'll ever get used to the humidity and heat haha I hate it. I think what I hate the most is that we don't actually get any real cold weather for more than like a week or two at a time. I don't need snow, just a solid 3 months or more of some decent mid 40's-60's.

I lived in Lake City, FL. We got some nice temperatures there. When I lived in Miami, it was hot year round. So I know how you feel bud.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Heard this last night on the news.

Duncan tweeted his support for a school boycott in response to a tweet by Peter Cunningham, a former assistant secretary of education and the executive director of the Education Post. Cunningham said: "Maybe it's time for America's 50 million school parents to simply pull their kids out of school until we have better gun laws."
In response, Duncan said: "This is brilliant, and tragically necessary. What if no children went to school until gun laws changed to keep them safe? My family is all in if we can do this at scale. Parents, will you please join us?"

http://abc7chicago.com/arne-duncan-tweets-support-for-school-boycott-until-gun-laws-change/3500581/

How well are those gun laws working in Chicago? Oh, that's right.

Maybe more resource officers need to be armed and know how to use their firearms like the one last week in Dixon. Like this simulator in Missouri for the officers in high-stress situations involving students.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/us/illinois-dixon-high-school-shooting/index.html

Of course it barely made the news since it did not meet the agenda of the left. 1) No one died. 2) The good guy with a gun in the school stopped the bad guy with a gun.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

http://abc7chicago.com/arne-duncan-tweets-support-for-school-boycott-until-gun-laws-change/3500581/

Maybe more resource officers need to be armed and know how to use their firearms like the one last week in Dixon. Like this simulator in Missouri for the officers in high-stress situations involving students.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/us/illinois-dixon-high-school-shooting/index.html

Of course it barely made the news since it did not meet the agenda of the left. 1) No one died. 2) The good guy with a gun in the school stopped the bad guy with a gun.

i'm with you, but no one watches the news for good news.

Jaber

Modero

Does that mean my property taxes (72% of it) will not have to go to public schools, during this boycott?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
If I was a kid, I'd be all over that.

"Yeah mom, I can't go to school! Come on, do you want me to get shot?"
*stays home playing video games*

What a dumb idea.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
there was a rumor when i was in middle school that this kid was making a bomb to be used at school on a specific day - i exploited that to stay home knowing it was probably BS

Jaber

Modero

What a dumb idea.

When 9/11 happened, a lot of kids ditched class fort he rest of the day and went home. I went home too, cause #MeTooSheep.

My nephew was over this weekend with my dad, his high school has auto shop class. Don't know WTF they're teaching them, he needed a lot of guidance for the simplest things, using car jack and removing ramzs. Then I'm like, you should use knee pads, protect your knees. "We don't use those in shop class". :facepalm: Sounds like his auto shop class is living in the original Fast & Furious.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
When 9/11 happened, a lot of kids ditched class fort he rest of the day and went home. I went home too, cause #MeTooSheep.

My nephew was over this weekend with my dad, his high school has auto shop class. Don't know WTF they're teaching them, he needed a lot of guidance for the simplest things, using car jack and removing ramzs. Then I'm like, you should use knee pads, protect your knees. "We don't use those in shop class". :facepalm: Sounds like his auto shop class is living in the original Fast & Furious.

My school actually sent anyone who wanted to go home. I got into English class to see the second tower drop. They had the news on in each room.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie

Most of my high school left on 9/11. We could also see the smoke from the towers where I grew up so bit different I guess.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Old Tiguan. Might as well put a lift kit on the gti. Newer Tiguan seems worth it.
Touareg > Tiguan > Atlas

atlas towing capacity is a joke.
Good morning.
Good Morning Ej
Man, hasn't stopped raining and storming. It's already been over a week of this nonsense.

You know, for being the sunshine state, we sure do get a lot of rain. Gheyyyyyyyyy.
its raining hard af here now yeah
It's been like that around here. It's either cold or cold AND raining.
This^
You get used to it. I lived in Florida for a while. You are nearing hurricane season so get ready for even more.
I like fort myers florida, old people central but damn yeah nice houses off the canals

What a dumb idea.

Yeah, worse than the kids are the parents who are scaring their children.

I know someone who has convinced their kid that guns , ALL guns are bad and noone should have them...additionally convinced the kid that at any moment they could be killed next by a shooter. Kid is now terrified to go to to school cause pyscho anti gun parent .

This same parent said noone should own a semi automatic..... which i replied you know handguns are semiautomatic right? ;) :eek:
If you gonna come at me with anti gun statements, at least know the basics of what you want banned.

Sucks when school shootings happen but statically they are extremely rare, look how many people get killed in chicago over any given summer weekend. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Touareg > Tiguan > Atlas

atlas towing capacity is a joke.

Good Morning Ej

its raining hard af here now yeah

This^

I like fort myers florida, old people central but damn yeah nice houses off the canals

Yeah, worse than the kids are the parents who are scaring their children.

I know someone who has convinced their kid that guns , ALL guns are bad and noone should have them...additionally convinced the kid that at any moment they could be killed next by a shooter. Kid is now terrified to go to to school cause pyscho anti gun parent .

This same parent said noone should own a semi automatic..... which i replied you know handguns are semiautomatic right? ;) :eek:
If you gonna come at me with anti gun statements, at least know the basics of what you want banned.

Sucks when school shootings happen but statically they are extremely rare, look how many people get killed in chicago over any given summer weekend. :thumbdown:

#chicagowarzone #lockyourdoorswhenyouhitharlem #jayyourebraveaf

You dropped one more tag #Chiraq

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

#chicagowarzone #lockyourdoorswhenyouhitharlem #jayyourebraveaf

^ This is the same fear mongering BS that you were talking shit about in the first part of your post. #thisispartoftheproblem #uneducatedpeoplerepeatingfakenews

Status
Not open for further replies.