GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 12: Hypermax Diesel Dually F350 B2500 Z71 Torqued Truck Discussion Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Maaaaan installed interior LEDs last night and I'm getting some flickering action. Hope vag com will take care of that.

SuperBright LEDs dot com.

/thread.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
:laugh:

As one of the few dedicated ones, who were present when previous thread ended, I say that gives me special rights and privileges.

BobLob, can we get a ruling?

lobbobballs before you make your ruling please be advised that the people are NOT happy and a said ruling may result in a peoples uprising. Thank you.

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
lobbobballs before you make your ruling please be advised that the people are NOT happy and a said ruling may result in a peoples uprising. Thank you.

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

I will cause a riot. brown people are very good at doing that, so, careful lawyer, we are watching what you do.

deep jay, deep

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Cut outs on a mk6 with a custom 3" exhaust setup, catless DP...?

anyone done it or any vids? I wouldn't even think to do it on a N/A 4 banger but being boosted raises a few questions.. wouldn't it be (not counting the noise) the best option?

I had to drive with broken headers (pointed towards the ground, literally like an upside-down lowercased "j") for a little while and it was loud but had a nice sound.

b-series N/A hatch for more info..

input guys

jay745

anyone done it or any vids? I wouldn't even think to do it on a N/A 4 banger but being boosted raises a few questions.. wouldn't it be (not counting the noise) the best option?

I had to drive with broken headers (pointed towards the ground, literally like an upside-down lowercased "j") for a little while and it was loud but had a nice sound.

b-series N/A hatch for more info..

input guys

in theory it would be the best option, but the gains would be so minimal I doubt it would be worth your car sounding like shit. Also not sure about your local laws, but in chicago you'd probably get tickets for it being too loud.

there's a kid who I did vagcom for who has an NA mk5 rabbit and did an electric cutout pre cat. It might be the worst sounding vw i've ever heard. ever. also his car runs like complete garbage because it has no backpressure. idiot.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie

Sounds like shit. Not a cutout but pretty much will sound the same.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
in theory it would be the best option, but the gains would be so minimal I doubt it would be worth your car sounding like shit. Also not sure about your local laws, but in chicago you'd probably get tickets for it being too loud.

there's a kid who I did vagcom for who has an NA mk5 rabbit and did an electric cutout pre cat. It might be the worst sounding vw i've ever heard. ever. also his car runs like complete garbage because it has no backpressure. idiot.
That's N/A. I'm not too worried about the sound because it can be closed by the flip of a switch. I was just wondering how it would work with something boosted really. I was thinking like midway back on that straight shot. almost like an electronic muffler delete.. for a lack of better words, but still have the muffler for the weekly commute.

Dat backpressure doe.

#notav8
That's what I was thinking/asking for, I was unclear. Obviously not on anything N/A lower than an 8 but something boosted kind of changes it all, or at least I was thinking it does.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
no sound at work.. fail for me

jay745

That's N/A. I'm not too worried about the sound because it can be closed by the flip of a switch. I was just wondering how it would work with something boosted really. I was thinking like midway back on that straight shot. almost like an electronic muffler delete.. for a lack of better words, but still have the muffler for the weekly commute.

That's what I was thinking/asking for, I was unclear. Obviously not on anything N/A lower than an 8 but something boosted kind of changes it all, or at least I was thinking it does.
if loud is what you're going for, get a catless dp with magnaflow cbe or something. Will be loud and sound good.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
if loud is what you're going for, get a catless dp with magnaflow cbe or something. Will be loud and sound good.

I agree, but I was thinking this route for the option to have a little of both, it would help with future turbo upgrade plans, but I don't want it 100% of the time. plus its different and with it closed, no one would ever know. lol

I found this I'm reading on now. trying to find a vid or two I can email myself for later viewing.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35634

if it sounds like shit for less than a minute while I'm doing a few pulls I can deal with that. I just want the option to keep it quiet if needed.

the laws out here for car mods.... a joke. you can do almost anything as long as you have insurance and a brake tag (or inspection sticker)

Status
Not open for further replies.