GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Gino

Ready to race!
I was reading timing retard for cylinders 1-4 in the data log for Uni. Each cylinder was kinda different.

UberFast

Ready to race!
no updates to report. Everything is running well for me :]. If i survive this storm ill probably buy the revisions to see if i can get some more power out of it.
I'd be getting the hell out of Florida if I were you lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'd be getting the hell out of Florida if I were you lol

its projected weaker for my area now. By the time it gets towards me should only be a category 2 hurricane.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Does anyone have any technical info on the ccta downstream O2 sensor? Does it have any affect at all on AFR? I know it does and doesn't on different vehicles but i don't know about VW. I know the main purpose is converter efficiency, just wanting to know if it also affects AFR somehow as well. I'm sure you know Alex since you're actually tuning these things. Enlighten me!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone have any technical info on the ccta downstream O2 sensor? Does it have any affect at all on AFR? I know it does and doesn't on different vehicles but i don't know about VW. I know the main purpose is converter efficiency, just wanting to know if it also affects AFR somehow as well. I'm sure you know Alex since you're actually tuning these things. Enlighten me!

if its in the second 02 bung on a CCTA downpipe like it should be it will not affect the AFR. the seconds bung after the cat (or where the cat should be if catless) is only to measure the efficiency of the cat.
Its the first bung before the cat/closer to the turbo that adjust fuel.

UberFast

Ready to race!
if its in the second 02 bung on a CCTA downpipe like it should be it will not affect the AFR. the seconds bung after the cat (or where the cat should be if catless) is only to measure the efficiency of the cat.
Its the first bung before the cat/closer to the turbo that adjust fuel.
If that's the case then does stratified completely tune out the post cat O2 sensor when you're running a catless downpipe? Could it be removed altogether and the bung plugged?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I think most stg2 tunes disable the second o2 sensor. Which correct me if I am wrong, is the reason why you do not pass readiness. Because the second o2 sensor isnt read

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UberFast

Ready to race!
I think most stg2 tunes disable the second o2 sensor. Which correct me if I am wrong, is the reason why you do not pass readiness. Because the second o2 sensor isnt read

I'm not sure if he completely disables the 2nd sensor or just disables the code from popping up. I'm just trying to find out for sure that it does/doesn't have any affect on afr's before I waste money replacing the 2nd O2 sensor.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If that's the case then does stratified completely tune out the post cat O2 sensor when you're running a catless downpipe? Could it be removed altogether and the bung plugged?

Yes they will disable the reading of the post cat sensor with a catless downpipe. You should still keep your oxygen sensor in it but you can removed the spacer.

This if you need to pass readiness you will need a spacer(and switch to the cobb stage 1 or stock map,This way readiness is enabled). If you dont have a spacer on you will get the code and fail your emissions test when readiness is enabled.

I'm not sure if he completely disables the 2nd sensor or just disables the code from popping up. I'm just trying to find out for sure that it does/doesn't have any affect on afr's before I waste money replacing the 2nd O2 sensor.

They disable the code. And turn off readiness for that.

IT DOES NOT EFFECT AFR only the first one bung on a CCTA downpipe effects the AFR. I answered that in my first response to you.

ON CCTA DOWNPIPES the second bung only reads CAT EFFICIENCY.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Yes they will disable the reading of the post cat sensor with a catless downpipe. You should still keep your oxygen sensor in it but you can removed the spacer.

This if you need to pass readiness you will need a spacer(and switch to the cobb stage 1 or stock map,This way readiness is enabled). If you dont have a spacer on you will get the code and fail your emissions test when readiness is enabled.

They disable the code. And turn off readiness for that.

IT DOES NOT EFFECT AFR only the first one bung on a CCTA downpipe effects the AFR. I answered that in my first response to you.

ON CCTA DOWNPIPES the second bung only reads CAT EFFICIENCY.
Just making sure. Trying to chase down a fueling issue with Alex. I believe it might be an injector problem though. My STFT's are going crazy.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

The sensor is not disabled. We simply prevent the light on the dash to light for the P0420 (catalyst efficiency code). The sensor is reading and working as it would OEM otherwise. It just triggers that code with an aftermarket downpipe and we prevent the light from illuminating for that one code. This does prevent the readiness monitors to set.

If you need the monitors to be able to set you need to let us know if you have a downpipe. We turn the light back on and you will need to make the necessary hardware changes to the exhaust such that the P0420 catalyst code does not trigger.

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Just sent in an order to add the LC/FFS, rev limiter, and crackels #10029.

Can I adjust the rev limit on the Accessport?
Can I adjust the LC rpm on the Accessport?
The crackles is a separate feature that I can turn on and off on the Accessport?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just sent in an order to add the LC/FFS, rev limiter, and crackels #10029.

Can I adjust the rev limit on the Accessport?
Can I adjust the LC rpm on the Accessport?
The crackles is a separate feature that I can turn on and off on the Accessport?

I can answer this one.
They will send you 2 identical files 1 with the crackles enabled and one without the crackles. You can switch between maps if you like or dislike the crackles (its a full flash so its not a quick on the fly thing to do).

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Anybody else tap the gas when they're engine braking just to reset the crackles?

4 months later and I still drive around trying to get the most out of my crackles all the time lol