GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
I installed the stage 2 tune tonight. Not as much of a differnce from Cobb stage 2 as I was hoping. 3rd gear is a little more fun now at least.

Also mt catted downpipe really muffles the cackle tune. I did expect that but still gave it a go for the $10

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I installed the stage 2 tune tonight. Not as much of a differnce from Cobb stage 2 as I was hoping. 3rd gear is a little more fun now at least.

Also mt catted downpipe really muffles the cackle tune. I did expect that but still gave it a go for the $10

Flash tune or protune? Stock catback?

ksandman

Ready to race!

Did you get the low torque or high torque tune? This is going to be a big thing as far as if you felt a difference or not. The difference in my stage 2 high torque tune vs stage 2 Cobb OTS tune was more dramatic than my stock car vs Cobb OTS stage 2. The torque was astronomical. Completely different powerband. It hit like a freight train vs the Cobb OTS map feels linear, tame, and boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did you get the low torque or high torque tune? This is going to be a big thing as far as if you felt a difference or not. The difference in my stage 2 high torque tune vs stage 2 Cobb OTS tune was more dramatic than my stock car vs Cobb OTS stage 2. The torque was astronomical. Completely different powerband. It hit like a freight train vs the Cobb OTS map feels linear, tame, and boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had this same experience as well

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
How long will our K03's last with the Stratified Stage 1 tune? 20ish PSI seems a lot...

PSI isn't what kills turbos, continuous compressor surging does, and lubrication problems do. Usually turbo issues I've seen on here are for super high mileage, one guy had turbo seals go at 210k miles and promptly went K04.

My APR tune regularly boosts to 20 psi, I've had my car tuned for over 70k miles (car has 157k miles) and no issues with the turbo itself. Other parts of the car on the other hand haven't fared as well (PCV, rear main seal, flywheel, at least for tune-related issues).

SleezyB

I'v been considering switching from APR to stratified recently and I'm curious does anyone have a beluga catback with this tune? I also have the catback paired with an APR downpipe but I'm replacing the midpipe section that has the CAT with a section of straight pipe to make it catless. I'm just curious if anyone has a similar setup, I want to make sure I can get some good crackles out of this tune if I'm going to spend a ton of money making the switch.

Also does anyone know how much different peak numbers are between the two tunes? I definitely love the amount of power I'm getting out of the apr 2.4 tune but I feel like it could be smoother.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I'v been considering switching from APR to stratified recently and I'm curious does anyone have a beluga catback with this tune? I also have the catback paired with an APR downpipe but I'm replacing the midpipe section that has the CAT with a section of straight pipe to make it catless. I'm just curious if anyone has a similar setup, I want to make sure I can get some good crackles out of this tune if I'm going to spend a ton of money making the switch.

Also does anyone know how much different peak numbers are between the two tunes? I definitely love the amount of power I'm getting out of the apr 2.4 tune but I feel like it could be smoother.

Before you pull the trigger, check out the most recent posts in the APR 2.0 tune thread. There is a new beta flash making its way around, and from my initial testing with V2.4.1 (they're calling it V2.5 beta as well) for the first week, the around-town driveability is for sure improved. There are still a few hiccups here and there, but it's much better than it was for me with V2.4. It's still a little too early to tell though, my primary issue was the tune adapting poorly over time, so I'll have a more solid conclusion in a month or so.

There are still other reasons to switch, but it's a lot of money to throw around for sure. I've been in the same camp as you for a little while now.

butimnotaracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Any recommendations on using this tune on a higher mileage gti? I'm at 113k miles but I've replaced the PCV, Water pump, Chain tensioner, timing chain, clutches and mechatronic unit. Currently have a rattle on cold start and accelerating directly after turning the car on so if anyone has info on that, that'd be nice.

Aftermarket mods:
APR Carbonio Intake
CTS Turbo Turboback 3" Catted
FK Coilovers

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Any recommendations on using this tune on a higher mileage gti? I'm at 113k miles but I've replaced the PCV, Water pump, Chain tensioner, timing chain, clutches and mechatronic unit. Currently have a rattle on cold start and accelerating directly after turning the car on so if anyone has info on that, that'd be nice.

Aftermarket mods:
APR Carbonio Intake
CTS Turbo Turboback 3" Catted
FK Coilovers
can you record the rattle?

EuroHB

Ready to race!
Maf Calibration questions.. I have been seeing some people state 2nd great and others state 3rd gear. I have in my instructions 3rd gear but noticed my 2nd gear SUCKS. because its bogging so much.

What do you think MAF calibrations should be in gear wise?