GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

senseless1707

Ready to race!
Installed the "paid off" mod today. It's definitely the best mod I've done thus far to the car. I wouldnt really consider this a performance mod, as the extra cash in my pocket slows the car down a bit, but it definitely feels good.

I'd highly recommend this upgrade.

Congrats. This will be me in 5 years. Just picked up my 2014 the other day...:thumbsup:

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Congrats! Like how those calipers turned out. Brake upgrade done?

Yes sir! Now I need to source parts to the R rears.

Dude they turned out awesome! More pics!

Thanks Anthony! I will get some more this weekend when the rain clears.

Congrats. This will be me in 5 years. Just picked up my 2014 the other day...:thumbsup:

Thank you! I recommend paying it off early. Interests sucks and it's easier to justify spending money on the car :)

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Golf R brake upgrade is almost there!

Here are the calipers after 3 passes with #60 grit, #80 grit and #180 git sand paper. All major casting marks have been removed. I used a Dremel tool after this to get into all the nooks and crannies to make these things super smooth.

After a total of 11 hours of prepping on the calipers, I finally got to paint them. They turned out so smooth and buttery.

Now I'm justing waiting on my slotted rotors to get the install done. I'll post pics of the setup once installed.

That looks amazing!

I'm about to do the same and just wanted to know how you were able to do the detail work around the "R"? Did you tape it off, paint it by hand, etc?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
My car had a not so good spray job under the hood from the factory. This always really annoyed me, especially when I needed to show the engine bay. I had the underside of the hood sprayed and polished today to match the rest of the car. I'll probably remove the under hood insulation for car meets/shows. Yes, I have OCD.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Damn that looks great! I would have never thought to do it. Do you have pictures of it before?

You'll love the tune man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Damn that looks great! I would have never thought to do it. Do you have pictures of it before?

You'll love the tune man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony,

I'll have to dig to see if I have any before pictures. If I removed the heat shielding before this paint job, there was hardly any candy white sprayed in the area. Its was like a yellowish primer color with white overspray. Also, around the edges of the hood were not shiney, but very flat and dull. I'm really happy with how this turned out and hope its just one more little detail that sets the car apart.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
My car had a not so good spray job under the hood from the factory. This always really annoyed me, especially when I needed to show the engine bay. I had the underside of the hood sprayed and polished today to match the rest of the car. I'll probably remove the under hood insulation for car meets/shows. Yes, I have OCD.

Definitely need an air brushed scene of your car looking out over the beach cliffs next to some palm trees.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Haha! Do people still do that type of stuff?

5dMkII 16-35mm 2.8 for most.
No..I hope not lol.
Oh nice. Someones been trying to convince me to get a mkIII. But my eyes are on a D750 cuz nikon is what I started with.

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
If mine was white this is what I would aspire to. Perfectly subtle and classy!

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
After stockpiling parts since the car is paid off, I'm finally starting to get things moving again!

Today, got the SPM catted downpipe and 034 motorsport dogbone insert installed. I was surprised at how much the downpipe improved the car up top. I can definitely feel a difference immediately. The insert improved the shifting and connection to the car slightly. I think I still have alot of work to go on getting the car shifting how I would like.

I got the obvious CEL on the way home (2 hr trip), but the Unitronic Stage2 tune I'll be doing tomorrow evening at home via UniConnect will fix that up!

Be sure to give your thoughts on Stage 2! I'm going to get a downpipe sometime down the line.