GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport UG Aluminum Radiator

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
whats the cost... i remember seeing this pic awhile back.. your response was only the prettiest pennies were spent so im just curious

HMFI

They have taken that into account. I had the CCTA so my photos will not show that bung for the sensor but they do build these for CCTA or CBFA.

That would be a nice option while ordering.. the only option provided on TyrolSports page is FIS/TSI?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
What?!!! $1149 !!! For that much you can have a radiator shop fab a custom one. No THANKS.

Isn't that what TyrolSport already did? Custom fabricate a high quality USA sourced and built core with CNC machined precision fit OEM connections to work with the OEM clip on hoses for either a CCTA or CBFA?

How many people have paid for a custom fabricated radiator somewhere else? Are the people complaining about price running enough power or pushing their cars hard enough to warrant this radiator which was designed and offered for the track enthusiast crowd and not the daily driving street crowd?

If heat management is not an issue for you or if you don't track your car regularly enough, this product is not for you, nor is your complaining about price.

Last time I checked the F*rge radiator was around the same price but didn't have the same connections, has anyone else paid a shop to "custom fabricate" a radiator specifically for the TSI? Post a bill.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Isn't that what TyrolSport already did? Custom fabricate a high quality USA sourced and built core with CNC machined precision fit OEM connections to work with the OEM clip on hoses for either a CCTA or CBFA?

How many people have paid for a custom fabricated radiator somewhere else? Are the people complaining about price running enough power or pushing their cars hard enough to warrant this radiator which was designed and offered for the track enthusiast crowd and not the daily driving street crowd?

If heat management is not an issue for you or if you don't track your car regularly enough, this product is not for you, nor is your complaining about price.

Last time I checked the F*rge radiator was around the same price but didn't have the same connections, has anyone else paid a shop to "custom fabricate" a radiator specifically for the TSI? Post a bill.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have done so. Not everyone who has a GTI participate on car online forums. Whether I track my car or not, that's irrelevant. You post up about an OVERPRICED part, expect NEGATIVE feedback. For a minute there, you sure act like you work for TyrolSport.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
this is the only TSI offering. yes i make power, and yes i need an upgraded radiator. i'll just wait for the mishimoto one to come out and run water wetter or something similar in the meantime.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have done so. Not everyone who has a GTI participate on car online forums. Whether I track my car or not, that's irrelevant. You post up about an OVERPRICED part, expect NEGATIVE feedback. For a minute there, you sure act like you work for TyrolSport.

I do not work for Tyrol, I just love high quality parts from a small shop that continues to develop this platform. I finally prove data worthy benefits here in terms of reductions and it seems your only contribution is "wow that's expensive". Great, you build one and prove me wrong.

this is the only TSI offering. yes i make power, and yes i need an upgraded radiator. i'll just wait for the mishimoto one to come out and run water wetter or something similar in the meantime.

Do not run water wetter, search more on running this with G12. Looking out for you here as I would never trust that additive.

As always, good writeup and review.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Nice review...As someone who has made mistakes in the past...I'll take fitment and quality over a lower price tag everyday of the week.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
That is a beautiful piece of work, worth the price if you want the best. Thanks for the review. This is going on my must have list. When I pull the motor to harden it this will go back in. As always thanks again for one of your very professional reviews.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Nice review...As someone who has made mistakes in the past...I'll take fitment and quality over a lower price tag everyday of the week.

That is a beautiful piece of work, worth the price if you want the best. Thanks for the review. This is going on my must have list. When I pull the motor to harden it this will go back in. As always thanks again for one of your very professional reviews.

You're welcome, it's so hard to convey the quality and craftsmanship of this part and all other TyrolSport products through words but I try my best as a noob photographer. :D

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
What?!!! $1149 !!! For that much you can have a radiator shop fab a custom one. No THANKS.

A radiator shop?

Think about what you are saying. It's expensive yeah but the radiator has to be bigger than oem to be more effective. It needs to retain all the oem mount points for the intercooler and fan. It needs oem connections for the hoses unless you want to hack them up. You think that will be cheap to do? How long will they have your car to test fitment and stuff? Couple weeks?

Last edited:

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
It would be interesting to see the data using the OEM piece on the way to Tyrol, and the data using this piece on your way from....

...I ask cause I'm in daily NYC traffic where I'm lucky to get into 3rd gear, and during the summer my P3 gauge shows coolant temps of 230....with NO movement of the dash temp needle.