GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport UG Aluminum Radiator

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Dash needle is a dummy needle, it will not move.

My data provided was run on the same stretch of highway road with the OEM radiator and the TyrolSport radiator. The change in ambient temperature was taken into account and adjusted. The temperature stats were recorded during a WOT run.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I do not work for Tyrol, I just love high quality parts from a small shop that continues to develop this platform. I finally prove data worthy benefits here in terms of reductions and it seems your only contribution is "wow that's expensive". Great, you build one and prove me wrong..

SO.....how much did you pay for it? Do tell.

A radiator shop?

Think about what you are saying. It's expensive yeah but the radiator has to be bigger than oem to be more effective. It needs to retain all the oem mount points for the intercooler and fan. It needs oem connections for the hoses unless you want to hack them up. You think that will be cheap to do? How long will they have your car to test fitment and stuff? Couple weeks?

I find it funny how people are all drooling over this EXPENSIVE A55 radiator but when it comes to upgrade the stock intercooler, they b!tch and moan about how difficult it is. Do any of you even know how to turn a damn socket wrench?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
SO.....how much did you pay for it? Do tell.

Why do you care? You're obviously not interested in purchasing this item. You've expressed your opinion, you think it's junk, you don't like the price, a radiator shop could do better for cheaper, blah blah blah. Now you're insinuating that the OP is being bribed to give a positive review. If he got it for free does that matter? He gave his review, posted the data, you know the purchase price. Please add something constructive to the conversation or move on.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
nobody is saying it's junk, but it's definitely overpriced.

Ok I take that back then. So, tell me how this bespoke niche product is overpriced? Is there a comparable product that is of equal performance and a better value?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Value is subjective to each person. Everyone will take it differently. Personally, I would compare it to prices of other aftermarket aluminum radiators. If not for our cars, then other German cars. How do those prices stack up against these? I would also try to compare a car that isn't a lot more than the GTI's MSRP.

Just talking it out so we don't start fighting over what someone considers overpriced and what the other doesn't.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
A nice product but not for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Value is subjective to each person. Everyone will take it differently. Personally, I would compare it to prices of other aftermarket aluminum radiators. If not for our cars, then other German cars. How do those prices stack up against these? I would also try to compare a car that isn't a lot more than the GTI's MSRP.

Just talking it out so we don't start fighting over what someone considers overpriced and what the other doesn't.

I agree with you here. It is expensive, but it's expensive for many reasons.

1. Engineered, designed, and manufactured by a small company.
2. No comparable product for the TSI motor.
3. Made in the USA
4. Very small market of possible buyers.

Mike@TyrolSport

Ready to race!
Hello Everyone,

Thanks as always for the feedback, and thank you even more for continuing to support us. We are a small company trying to develop performance solutions for VW/Audi enthusiasts. Unfortunately, due of our size, we just cannot compete with Asia and large scale manufacturers on getting Ebay type pricing for raw materials or manufacturing. Where we can, and choose to instead focus our resources, is on building top-quality products, with thorough track testing and supporting data. That way, there can be no doubt that you are receiving a premium product that is GUARANTEED to solve your issue. This is how we have developed all of our products thus far, and this is how we will continue to develop products and solutions.

The UG Radiator is a niche product. It is designed for enthusiasts who are experiencing cooling problems on the track or at an AutoX. For people experiencing this issue, the price of the radiator compares well to blowing a motor or losing coolant on the track, which has potentially catastrophic consequences. For those of you who are not experiencing excessively high coolant temperatures, we actually recommend that you spend your money elsewhere. We do not like to sell anything that you don’t need. We are always open to new ideas for products, and ways to make our products better, so keep the feedback coming.

Merry Christmas(and other holidays) to all of you. :burnrubber:

-The TyrolSport team

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Hello Everyone,

Thanks as always for the feedback, and thank you even more for continuing to support us. We are a small company trying to develop performance solutions for VW/Audi enthusiasts. Unfortunately, due of our size, we just cannot compete with Asia and large scale manufacturers on getting Ebay type pricing for raw materials or manufacturing. Where we can, and choose to instead focus our resources, is on building top-quality products, with thorough track testing and supporting data. That way, there can be no doubt that you are receiving a premium product that is GUARANTEED to solve your issue. This is how we have developed all of our products thus far, and this is how we will continue to develop products and solutions.

The UG Radiator is a niche product. It is designed for enthusiasts who are experiencing cooling problems on the track or at an AutoX. For people experiencing this issue, the price of the radiator compares well to blowing a motor or losing coolant on the track, which has potentially catastrophic consequences. For those of you who are not experiencing excessively high coolant temperatures, we actually recommend that you spend your money elsewhere. We do not like to sell anything that you don’t need. We are always open to new ideas for products, and ways to make our products better, so keep the feedback coming.

Merry Christmas(and other holidays) to all of you. :burnrubber:

-The TyrolSport team

Thank you for your contributions to the VW community. We appreciate you taking a chance on developing high performance niche products like this. Keep up the good work!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
A radiator shop?

Yea Matt, right here.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
this is the only TSI offering. yes i make power, and yes i need an upgraded radiator. i'll just wait for the mishimoto one to come out and run water wetter or something similar in the meantime.

Mishimoto doesnt plan on making one or ever even putting one through proto typing already have asked them multiple times about it

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i don't understand why thinking the radiator is overpriced makes me an enthusiast that doesn't fit the bill of needing one. i've been looking for an offering.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Why do you care? You're obviously not interested in purchasing this item. You've expressed your opinion, you think it's junk, you don't like the price, a radiator shop could do better for cheaper, blah blah blah. Now you're insinuating that the OP is being bribed to give a positive review. If he got it for free does that matter? He gave his review, posted the data, you know the purchase price. Please add something constructive to the conversation or move on.

Why do I care?

I don't to be honest, especially when the price is OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH.

Was I supposed to be interested in this product or any other products reviewed on this forum?

No, but someone's getting all antsy that I'm not drooling over it. So I guess everyone is supposed to go out and buy one of these just because ONE person had this installed on his car. Yes, I said "had it installed" because I'm sure OP didn't install it himself.

Since when did I say the product was junk?

Well....someone's ignoring my question. How much did you pay for the radiator, OP?

Last edited:

Mike@TyrolSport

Ready to race!
Kern417,

If you give us more information about your current setup, and water temp data, we may be able to offer some technical help here on the forum. There are a number of steps that should be taken before upgrading the radiator that are cheaper, easier, and less expensive. If you share with us what type of tracks you are running, your driver/group level, ambient temps, engine modifications, and your water temp data, we can look it over and see if you actually need to swap the radiator out for something larger. We have found that a lot of times, minor water temp issues can be solved with better airflow management, or divorcing the OEM water/oil cooler. Both of which are great solutions before moving on to the radiator. :burnrubber: