GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Known Issue w/2.0T TSI

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
My car was acting funny before Sandy on the way home from a friends house. My start was harsh and the idle sounded like hell. It was up around 2000 RPMs and dropped to 500 RPMs. I got in my car after Sandy to move it out of my drive way and It sounded pretty damn bad and the CEL came on and gave me P2015 code. I have a full bolt ons and WOT box. Think I will get denied at the dealer?

my1stgti1

2011 GTI 6 speed manual 24k miles, just dropped my car into the dealer. Check engine light came on this morning, did notice car was lagging a bit at low rpms.

Dropped it off. Got a call saying they are replacing the intake manifold. Didnt know this was an issue until i checked the forums to see if anyone had had a similar problem.

The good thing is that its still under warranty and they had one in stock. So i shall be picking it up tomorrow. This is my fist car with a turbo which is why i go the extended warranty. Im glad i did.

zrickety

The Fixer
part number

I had the manifold replaced in October. According to my paperwork, the revised part is 06J-133-201-AS. I had no symptoms to speak of, just the CEL.

syopspwnz

Intake Manifold & Rear Washer Nozzle

2011 GTI w/ 45k. No Mods. New spark plugs @ 40k. Currently at the dealer for CEL and getting a new intake manifold.

No symptoms prior, or after CEL except a few rough starts but still very smooth. I had some odd acceleration hesitation in the lower band but so intermittent I didn't notice. Sometimes while stopped at a light it felt like the engine was randomly miss firing. Again, very minor and hardly noticeable, and more importantly no CEL. I thought it improved / went away with the spark plug change.

I assumed it was something simple. Checked the coils for creep. Nothing. Listened to the engine. Nothing. Still ran smooth on my trip home before I took it in for service the next day. Dealer said it was the intake manifold, I'll have to ask for the codes just in case. Replacing it under my VW warranty (which is extended, don't ask...).

CEL CODES: P1570, P2015, U0002, U0429

Only other issues: rear washer fluid dripped.

Last edited:

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
Great thread guys. Thanks!

I've been curious about a mod listed on the APR website - the Runner Flap Delete. I know it says MK5 but it's listed in the MK6 section so I'm assuming...

Anyways, I'm wondering how that might relate to this issue. Would it help any?

Anyone know what the tech time is on replacing this? Can it be done preemptively or does it have to fail first?

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
That mod is for the Golf R, which has the FSI engine (EA113). So that mod doesn't apply to our mkvi GTI's which have the TSI engines.

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So as for this intake manifold issue; Can it be done preemptively or does it have to fail first?

FoxGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for this thread

My car is currently at the dealership. I am supposed to pick it up in the morning.
I contacted VWoA via Chat and they verified my car has as extended warranty for the intake manifold and fuel injectors.

The dealer wants to charge me for parts and labor. VwoA is supposed to contact them tomorrow to find out exactly what is covered and what is not and if should be getting charged or not.

I was told I can pay for my car to get it out of the shop and then deal with a refund or wait for VWoA to sort things out w the dealership.

I hope this is covered.

I have 45K miles, 2011 GTI - Engine CCTA

McQueen77

Banned
Thats bullshit man, you need VWoA to get ahold of that dealer because it is covered. Many of us got the letter re: manifold coverage up to 100k so there should be no question. Tool bags..

FoxGTI

Ready to race!
^ after some phone calls with both the dealer and VWoA it was all covered.
Thank you all for making this thread. :thumbsup:

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Great Thread.

So the intake manifold is not covered by the powertrain warranty?

It appears that majority are getting CEL for this issue, what is and is there a difference with this and the 'faulty codes'? The dealer can scan for any faulty codes upon my request, correct?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It's cover by a warranty extension or 10 years 120,000 miles on cars that came with the old design that sucks. CEL = check engine light, you get a check engine light when fault codes are stored in the ECM.

Yes they can scan it anytime, no they aren't going to (unless you're going to pay to waste their time)

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Thanks for your response and for your earlier contributions. I checked w VWoA earlier and the manifold has been extended along w fuel injectors. I was unsure as i thought some people were mentioning they pulled faulty codes without having CEL.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
it's not a "faulty" code, it's a fault code. And you have them without a CEL. If you don't have a CEL stop worrying and find something better to do.