GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 R photos

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
The GTI looks better than the R. I would have to guess that they wouldn't release as much on the R until near launch time. Although the pics that Vancity found are different.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
LULZ^ ... and its always from R owners ;)

I purposely bought the A3 OVER a Golf R. But, if the Golf R was out in 2010 when I bought my GTI, I would have most likely gotten one at that time. But after learning more about it (FSI engine, same brakes as 2008), I do have to say it was too expensive again at MSRP - but, now that its being discounted, its definitely a better deal for what it is.

I have no personal vendetta against any car - but I do evaluate cars based on equipment, price, relevance, and performance. Of which, similar to 2008, the Golf R has a few issues there, just as the MKV R32 did.

I'm a big fan of the R(20), don't get me wrong, but there is still some "issues" with it here and there. It's not like I wouldn't turn one down if it was free, lol.. AND if they had the DSG option this time around, I would have probably gotten one (while in 2008, I wanted MT and 4doors.. go figure).

yep..

LULZ^...I've heard this before.

don't let this guy fool you, he works hard at steering people away from the R.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
LULZ^...I've heard this before.

don't let this guy fool you, he works hard at steering people away from the R.

yeah, i mean i just helped someone buy one, so yeahhh :rolleyes:

I guess you haven't followed the logic of my statements very well, or something.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i have failed again. joke taken... :)

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Just put the center exhaust and bring it to US w/ the DSG option then I will put my deposit down right away.

vw_König

Ready to race!
Still be choosing the CLA AMG over the R and keeping the MKVI as weekend car

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just put the center exhaust and bring it to US w/ the DSG option then I will put my deposit down right away.

^nice. I think DSG will be coming, but who knows on the center exhaust thing.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Let's not forget that the new Golf (all trims) will likely not be built in Wolfsburg. NOT confirmed, but all signs leaning heavily towards this.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Still be choosing the CLA AMG over the R and keeping the MKVI as weekend car

That one too^ ,we have to include as well the RS3 if ever comes to the States.

vw_König

Ready to race!
That one too^ ,we have to include as well the RS3 if ever comes to the States.

The CLA is confirmed and a 2.0 with 350 Hp in the 40's range...hell yeah :happyanim:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie