GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 R photos

5 spoke

I don't see anything that looks like an R, just a wagon and a gti?

On the bottom right corner of each picture there is a counter, and when you get to 12/17 and 13/17 you should be there:). At least I see them.
AWD, 290 horse power, and a price tag of about 38K euro in Germany

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

Never mind that a prototype car doesn't have the looks of the finished car - this is the coming R.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Glad i got Mk6 R because if that is the Mk7 R is looks like crap. Expecially the front end of it. My mk6 just went up in value.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

chris101

Ready to race!
meh, each to their own.. I'm that much happier to have my MK6 R.... AND it has a mechanical parking brake thank you very much!

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
I think the MK7 looks great overall.

My thought is if the MK7 Golf R looks exactly as pictured, its VERY plain looking.

Here is to hoping this is not the production trim for the R.

Merkle

Banned
meh, each to their own.. I'm that much happier to have my MK6 R.... AND it has a mechanical parking brake thank you very much!

I feel the same way with a lot of the cars that come out of Germany. Especially the BMW's. When they first come out I don't much care for them like the new 3 series, it's too big IMO, but I felt the same way about the E90's and now the E92 is one of my favorite all-time cars. I just wish BMW would stop using that shit wood interior trim, but I digress.

Can't wait to drive one of those machines. Looks like it might finally beat the old 'We were expecting more' reputation among car reviewers.