GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 R photos

SRT2GTI

Banned
Clearly a test mule (It's more bland then the regular base golf). I'm sure the production model will look alot more agressive.

DummyBear

Ready to race!
i am digging the mk7 gti the more i look at it. especially Tornado Red looks much better on that chassis than the mk6

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
no exhaust in the middle. no believe. but the lack of fog lights is a good sign lol.

But it has quad pipes, unless they do that for the GTI as well.

vw_König

Ready to race!
It says Beginning 2014 and starting at 38 000 Euro wtf? LOL

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
I think the mk7 dose a good job of getting those retro mk1 and mk2 lines down, the only thing i was not hot on are the red stripes in the head lights for the GTI trim, The mk7 r should be pretty freaking nice.

Designer.:R

Looks nice besides losing some head room? Also Gunkata I may be mistaken but you seem to have something against golf R's just from reading some of your past posts is it that you regret getting a A3 over an R??

I'm not trying to bash you or anything like that It just seems like you have a personal vendetta against this particular car.

there are still some people that dont like the mk6 r:iono:

For sure!!! I'm sure the mk7's will be nice but I'm not gonna like my car any less nor will I bash the new ones but whatever. Cars are all about personal opinion and taste go ask any R32 owner if they would trade their car for a MKVI R and they would laugh.

I still very much love the 04 R32's still has so much character and love the motor.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Looks nice besides losing some head room? Also Gunkata I may be mistaken but you seem to have something against golf R's just from reading some of your past posts is it that you regret getting a A3 over an R??

I'm not trying to bash you or anything like that It just seems like you have a personal vendetta against this particular car.

LULZ^ ... and its always from R owners ;)

I purposely bought the A3 OVER a Golf R. But, if the Golf R was out in 2010 when I bought my GTI, I would have most likely gotten one at that time. But after learning more about it (FSI engine, same brakes as 2008), I do have to say it was too expensive again at MSRP - but, now that its being discounted, its definitely a better deal for what it is.

I have no personal vendetta against any car - but I do evaluate cars based on equipment, price, relevance, and performance. Of which, similar to 2008, the Golf R has a few issues there, just as the MKV R32 did.

I'm a big fan of the R(20), don't get me wrong, but there is still some "issues" with it here and there. It's not like I wouldn't turn one down if it was free, lol.. AND if they had the DSG option this time around, I would have probably gotten one (while in 2008, I wanted MT and 4doors.. go figure).

there are still some people that dont like the mk6 r:iono:

yep..

This is the golf r section so yah it will probably come from an R owner.lol either way the last thing Im gonna is argue in here so all good brother and enjoy your A3:thumbsup:

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
maybe im missing something, but not sure how anyone could effectively/properly "judge" what appears to be a test mule, and has GTI brakes, etc... just because there are quad exhausts doesn't make it an R... as with most of these things, have to reserve judgement till actual model pictures are obtained of the final product.

:word:

that being said.... Really hoping they bring a DSG 4dr R to the states this go round, and it gets 30 on the highway.... be in between that and a Audi A3 I think.....

davesco

Glad i got Mk6 R because if that is the Mk7 R is looks like crap. Expecially the front end of it. My mk6 just went up in value.

Same here, front end looks less aggressive than the Mk6. Do like 290 hp and quad exhaust, but center dual exhaust on the Mk6 is very unique.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
This is the golf r section so yah it will probably come from an R owner.lol either way the last thing Im gonna is argue in here so all good brother and enjoy your A3:thumbsup:

nothing to argue, it comes down to personal preference and what you value. All good, indeed. carry on.

:word:

that being said.... Really hoping they bring a DSG 4dr R to the states this go round, and it gets 30 on the highway.... be in between that and a Audi A3 I think.....

indeed... and I think it will be close to that.

REMINDER - those pictures are NOT the finished product people, sweet jeebus...