GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by boost pls

1. B

Reducing the height of the shift knob?

I'm not taking about a short shift kit. I want to actually lower the height of the shift lever/knob. Has anybody done this? I just don't like how tall the shifter stands in the car. My old MS3 short shifter mechanically reduced the throw, but also reduced the height of the knob due changing...
  2. B

Moisture on windows when I roll them up.. anyone else?

So I have noticed this issue where whenever I put a window down and then roll it back up, there will be smears of moisture all over the outside of the window. It does it on both front windows, don't often put the back ones down so I don't know if it affects those. What this suggests is that...
  3. B

Verdict Solid Shifter Bracket Bushings install w/ Pics

Hey guys, looked around on the web a bit and couldn't find an install for these that was specific to the Golf R so I kinda winged it. Ended up being a pretty straight forward install but I figured I'd do a write up on it anyway. I've gotten a lot of benefit from other people's DIY's so thought...
  4. B

Dogbone Insert - Least NVH Option for R

Hey Guys, I've read a lot of info on the dogbone (or torque arm) inserts. Ran a lot of searches on this forum and over on the GTI/Golf boards, and there seems to be some mixed info. Also not a lot of feedback here from the R guys running these, would love to know who's got them and their...
  5. B

Can I upgrade to LED DRLs?

Hey guys I have a 2013 R 4-dr without the navigation package. The only aspect of the nav package that I really wanted was the LED daytime running light strip. Does anyone here know what is involved to install those lights on my car? Would I have to replace the entire headlight assembly AND...
  6. B

Squeak and friction in shifter?

Bone stock 2013 R. When I go to shift 4 -> 5, if i dont push the shifter perfectly straight out of 4th (read: if i have any lateral pressure to the right at all) there is a feeling of rubbing or friction and a squeak noise from the shifter. i know, i know - just dont be lazy and shift cleaner...
  7. B

2013 Golf R General Information

Hey Im a VW n00b I just got my 2013 Golf R last night. I'm coming from an '08 Mazdaspeed 3, and I got pretty familiar with that platform, installed a bunch of bolt on's and whatnot, but these turbo'ed VW engines are a little bit different. Whats the best place to brush up on general info about...
  8. B

Hatch liner / protection options?

Hey guys, first post on the forum. Just did a deal on a '13 Golf R, my first VW. Coming from an '08 Mazdaspeed 3, loved the old girl, but it was time for her to go. But anyway I wanted to ask if any of y'all are using hatch liners or similar on your cars. I ran a couple searches but didn't...