GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Fuel Gauge not working

My Golf 2.5L just reached 10 years old and 95000 miles. Recently the fuel gauge started to become erratic. 2 fill-ups ago, I filled it up to full and its reading was about 3/4 full. At the last fill-up, it was showing 1/4 full after I filled the tank up to the brim. Wondering if this is a...
  2. T

My Golf 2.5L 2010 went into limp mode just for a moment

My car is a 2010 Golf 2.5L. 6 speed automatic slush box transmission. 100% stock, original owner, no accidents. 60,800 miles, just serviced 2 weeks ago at slightly under 60,000 miles by the dealer. It might be worth mentioning that my battery had been changed about 1.5 years ago with a new...
  3. T

Car Battery Help

I have a 2010 Golf 2.5L. Left the headlights on overnight and now the battery is dead. I tried jump starting it, but nothing happens. I figured I should probably replace the battery since it is already 4.5 years old. Two questions: 1. Is there any preferred brand/model of battery I should...
  4. T

Is Total Quartz engine oil good?

I just had 40k service done on my 2010 Golf 2.5L at a 3rd party euro car workshop. They used engine oil brand "Total Quartz" VW 504 5W30. I've never heard of this brand before. Can anyone tell me if this is a good oil for my 2.5L engine? How does this compare with oil that a VW dealership...
  5. T

Tire Pressure question

I've been observing this in my tires for more than a year: I would pump all my tires to 34 PSI as per the door sticker on my Golf 2.5L. I pump them cold with my own tire pump, and check them with my own digital tire pressure gauge, so I know they are exactly 34 PSI. After a long period of...
  6. T

A/C odor from road dirt/dust

My Golf spent 2 weeks being shipped on top of a truck from Connecticut to California. When it arrived it was covered in a very thick film of dirt and dust. Ever since the move, the a/c's been giving off an odor when I turn it on. I believe all the road dust has gone into the a/c air intake...
  7. T

How to re-attach hubcap?

When I was inflating my tires, I dropped the tire valve cap in between the hubcap and steelies rim of my VW Golf, so I had to pull out the hubcap to retrieve the valve cap. Now I am having trouble re-attaching the hubcap to the wheel. I could get all the tabs in but the last one. I have torn...
  8. T

FS: Kuda OEM Leather Mount + Magellan Adapter

I have for sale a Kuda OEM Leather Mount together with Kuda's Magellan mounting adapter. These are the specific products: http://www.kudausa.com/volkswagen-gti-since-2010-black-a1529.html...
  9. T

Is wheel & tire protection plan worth it?

I'm asking in Off-Topic because it's not for my car (Golf 2.5) but my wife's new Audi A5 with 18" wheels. The dealer offered 5 years wheel & tire protection plan for $1,200. Rim scuffs will be buffed out (not replaced) but if the rim gets dented from going in potholes, the whole rim will be...
  10. T

We should keep this on our phone...

... and flash at the dealer when necessary. Image sourced from http://askavwsalesguy.com/blog/2012/4/6/the-volkswagen-vow.html
  11. T

Planning for Winter

I have a Golf 2.5L with ContiProContact 195/65 R15's. I believe they are all-season tires and I have 20k miles on them. I've been in the Bay Area all this while, but will be moving to Connecticut soon where I will have to deal with snow for the first time. Will my all-season tires work fine...
  12. T

Should I service before or after road trip?

I have a Golf 2.5L with 19,600 miles. I am planning to take a 600 mile road trip next weekend. Should I send my car in for 20k servicing before or after the road trip? Please share your thoughts on pros and cons of each option. Thanks!
  13. T

The new EOS

I just saw this video and I think this is the coolest folding hard top I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA4Bxw4XU9s It's really smart how the sunroof becomes part of the folding mechanism. And don't you think the EOS looks more masculine now with the new front end?
  14. T

Keyless Entry beware!

http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/27037/ This is so simple and clever! Summary of article - keyless entry works by detecting that car and key are close together. Researchers are able to fool the car into thinking that by using an antenna to pull the signal of the key close to the car...
  15. T

Wind noise solved

It took me 12000 miles but I have finally pinpointed and fixed the wind noise in my Golf! Here's a recap: Very soon after purchase I started noticing a hissing sound coming from the passenger window of my 2-Door Golf 2.5 when traveling at highway speeds. I brought it back to the dealer a...
  16. T

Bluetooth A2DP sound quality

Is anyone here using 9W2's Bluetooth A2DP to play music from their iPhone 3GS through their touchscreen audio system? If so, how does the sound quality compare with AUX in? I'm wondering because I have the base Golf with only AUX in capability, so I can't use A2DP myself.