GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. McFuzz

Another GTI part out!

Hi all, Got a few items for sale; some maybe added at a later date but for now: * Local pickup only - SPM Street turbo back exhaust with track J pipe with about 16k miles. Has a few scuffs marks - nothing serious; and regular dirt from every day usage... not that you'd gonna see it anyway...
  2. McFuzz

Need PN for plastic clip on stock shifter assembly

Hi all, I am gonna be pulling my DieselGeek SS shifter out and reinstalling the stock shifter assembly. Unfortunately - I broke the white stock clip for the shifter when pulling it out. Can anyone share the part number for the clip? For reference - it's the white one in the pic: Thanks!
  3. McFuzz

FYI (NorCal): 034 Motorsports is no longer an APR dealers

In case folks were not aware, APR, unfortunately, severed ties with 034 due to APR's upper management classifying 034 as a competitor (see recent TTRS software release). You can read the whole shebang at the following link...
  4. McFuzz

What has failed on your MK6 so far?

This is a bit of an informal data collection thread where I'd like to see what failed/leaked/generally gone bad on your guys' car from the moment you've owned it and whether it was taken care under warranty or not. Only item you can skip are your clutches UNLESS the failure was under stock...
  5. McFuzz

SPM downpipe owners - do you have a missing bolt?

So I had my car over at the dealership to replace an O2 sensor (again) that has gone bad. While there, they pointed out that one of the bolts that holds my SPM downpipe to the rubber stopper in the bracket has gone missing. I said "it sheared?!" and they said "nope - missing." Now, the DP was...
  6. McFuzz

Diagnosing P0030 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

So today, during a nice 3rd to 4th gear WOT run, I popped a CEL when nearing redline in 3rd gear. Checking for codes, it popped P0030 which is "HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)"; funny thing is that back in August, I popped P0130 - 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 1) -...
  7. McFuzz

I join the TDI Club :D

Hi all, For our 10 year anniversary, my wife and I decided to treat ourselves a bit and upgraded her '12 VR6 Passat to a '14 CPO A6 TDI Prestige (S-Line) package in Quartz Gray Metallic; yes yes - I know, it's not an MK6... but it's still a VAG and a TDI! Our main reason to getting a TDI over...
  8. McFuzz

Has anyone heard of Sedox Performance?

Pretty much as title says - anyone heard of Sedox Performance? Apparently they are a Norwegian performance tuning shop that does tunes for everything - cars (pretty much any model), trucks, boats, TRACTORS (FUCK YEAH - TIME TO TRICK MY JOHN DEER)... But I have to wonder - they cant possibly...
  9. McFuzz

High PSI boost leak

Folks, It appears that I have a high PSI boost leak (as in - I still see full boost at WOT but I can hear the leak) under heavy load that developed while parked from Sunday evening to this morning. All connections/fittings seem to be tight but I haven't had much of a chance to really...
  10. McFuzz

2012 United Gray Metallic GTI 4DR MT APR Stage II+ $20K NorCal

Folks, Time has come for me to part ways with my GTI (but I still have a VR6 Passat); I have a longer commute that is in semi-traffic and up/down hills and doing so in a manual is a bit of a torture... not to mention I want a Miata once again for a weekend toy. So without much a-do, here are...
  11. McFuzz

WARNING: Bluetooth phone connectivity is broken in iOS 8

Folks, You may or may not be aware of it but it appears iOS 8 (8.0.2 included) has a BT Stack bug which breaks Bluetooth phone connectivity in some cars, including those with RNS315 and RCD510 head units. I have an iPhone 6+ and below are my symptoms: RNS-315: Outbound calls initiate on...
  12. McFuzz

FS: Unlocked Black iPhone 5 16GB

Hello! Up for grabs I have my 2 year old black iPhone 5 with 16 GB of storage and freshly unlocked. The phone is currently sporting iOS 7.1.2 (wiped clean) though I can upgrade to 8.0.2 if there's such desire. The phone has had a screen protector (Zagg) since day one and has been in a case...
  13. McFuzz

Advice needed: P0130 popped today

Hi folks, During a highway cruise today, I noticed my check engine was on and using the APR Mobile app, it pulled P0130. According to what I found, this appears to be related to the turbo-mounted O2 sensor (CBFA Engine)... correct? Anyone has an idea of what this fault really means? I'll do...
  14. McFuzz

Comcast is doing another speed upgrade rollout...

... but this one is more hush hush. Long story short, I got upgraded from 50 mbit blast! to 105 mbit extreme package. This was done after an hour and a half on chat and haggling a $249 installation fee down to $39.95 and then completely having it waived off after even the rep realized it was...
  15. McFuzz

How to remove dust from inside speed/tach gauges? :(

So, I have a few annoyingly visible dust flakes that are INSIDE the goddamn gauges - behind the plastic. Is there an easy way to clean the inside of the gauges? Or am I SOL? :cry:
  16. McFuzz

FYI: R8 Coils are on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QUYML6 A few cents cheaper than anywhere else AND free 2-shipping if you have Prime!
  17. McFuzz

Low coolant question

Folks, I've had my car for about 28 months now with 17.4K miles on the clock. Car is stage 2+, if that matters at all. Today, after an 8 miles drive to work, about 62F outside (though last week we had 4 days of 90F+ weather), I noticed that the coolant reservoir was about a 1-1.5 millimeters...
  18. McFuzz

Red Top coils vs. stockers

Folks, I am running an APR Stage 2+ tune with pretty much all the hardware you'd want. I am running stock plugs and coils with car at about 17K miles. I have not experienced any hesitation or misfire... but I've been told I should upgrade to R8 coils + new plugs. So I am wondering - is that...
  19. McFuzz

Price check on a used Rabbit

First off - yes I know, MK5 and not MK6 but - I have about 15 minutes to find out for a friend and I have to check the car out in about 5 minutes. The skinny: 2009 4 door, automatic, 90K miles, moonroof, yada yada - California Bay Area so add a bit of a premium to it. Sellers want 10K; assume...
  20. McFuzz

Heavy condensation in drivers' side Ed's replica headlight

Hi folks, I have the 15 LED Ed's replica headlights, and it looks like the drivers' side headlight is experiencing heavy condensation. The passenger side is all nice and dry inside. The condensation manifests itself after bouts of heavy rain and then a few days of no rain... it started light...