GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Will pheaton wheels fit?

Found some locally. Can't find much info. Tires are 255/45 ZR 18 Rims are Drag DR33 18x7.5 Bolt Pattern is 5x112
  2. R

'13 CSG Wolfsburg 6M Iowa

I traded my 2013 Wolfsburg into this dealer and I see they still have it for sale. If anyone is interested, I took great care of it and it's has Stage 1 APR tune with no clutch issues. I make nothing on the deal, but thought I would let other members know. Seems like it's priced a little high...
  3. R

Drag Day

Not sure if anyone is interested, but my old F-body club hosts a couple track rentals through out the year. The next one is May 10th. It is at Cordova IR http://www.cordovadrag.com/ I will likely be attending. It is open to guests. Cost is usually around $30-35, I will confirm though...
  4. R

online dispatching/invoice services

Does anyone use any? Speicifically for construction/service men? I am looking at a few. I want to implement it with the few service techs we have. I can dispatch from the office, it alerts them, they go and fill out the work orders on a tablet and have customer sign. I open up signed work...
  5. R

Tile grout input

I finally finished tiling my bathroom. I am trying to figure out the grout options. I did the floor in the Tan. I just grouted the Laundryroom yesterday, but its the same tile/grout combo : I haven't washed floor above yet so it's still chalky. The shower I have decided I am going to put...
  6. R

toilet question

So I just picked up 2 new Champion 4 Max toilets after reading some great reviews on them. I got a stellar deal from depot on them, $199 each and the come with slow close seats. Normally $240 ea I was at Menards and see they make the same model in 1.6 GPF model. The ones I got are 1.28 GPF...
  7. R

FS: Subaru Impreza weathertech floor liners

Figured I would throw it out there. Like new, only 3 months of summer use. Rears were never installed. Looking to get $120 obo locally. They are for a 2012+ Subaru Impreza. Part number 44439-1-2
  8. R

WTB: GTI Mk6 front bumper CSG

Looking for a front bumper cover for Carbon Steel Gray Metallic. I am looking on ebay as well. Mine is broke :(
  9. R

Front bumper replacement

Anyone have any idea what this might cost? Hit a block of ice and it took a chunk out of my bumper. I figured it would be covered under Comp. I called and they said too bad, you hit the ice, you're outa luck. I've seen bumpers replaced for $400 on other vehicles. Is that out of the realm...
  10. R

need new phjone- suggestions?

Rocking ATT. I haven't bought a new phone in a while. Currently on an (hacked) Iphone 4. My requirements- good camera, 32 gigs memory, smaller size. I like the 5S, but not the price. I like the HTC1 and S4, but not the big size. What should I do? The camera on the 5S looks a lot better...
  11. R

hwy mileage range?

What are the most miles people have gotten out of a tank on mostly highway drives? I am planning on go to FL again this year (about 1400 miles each way + in town driving) and was debating taking the GTI this time. I've rented a minivan in the past (3 kids 2 adults) and got pretty good mpg...
  12. R

driving 6M clutchless?

I saw a couple people in another thread say they do this too. I did this today by accident, creeping along in traffic. Just had pressure on the shifter and it slipped into gear once I reach the sweet spot in the RPM for the speed. I was able to go between 1, 2, & 3rd with no effort or...
  13. R

any complaints on Yakima round bars?

I had a Yakima setup from my previous car. My local sports store was offering 20% off Yakima and Thule so I bit the bullet this weekend. I just had to buy the mounting parts for the GTI. I can re-use the bars and my bike racks. It looks like a lot of people like the whisper bars though. Any...
  14. R

What to get your buddy moving away?

My buddy is moving to Alaska. I am not happy, but he has been talking about moving for the last 5 years. His wife landed a gig out there so that is where they decided to move to. They were talking about West coast last couple years. Which would be a little easier to swallow. Not Alaska :(...
  15. R

Need shower tiling suggestions

Gf thinks the tile is too light. I'm on the fence now. I think it will look nice with a darker cab. My question is the shower.... The shower tiles are rectangle. Once I put them in the shower the are huge. A little large for my small shower I think. What should I do? Just roll with them or...
  16. R

Any runners in the area?

Took the summer off, getting back on track. I do mostly 5Ks/Trail races and mud races (spartan, TM, gladiator). See if any other locals are dumb like me.
  17. R

Any car detail suggestions?

I really need to get my truck detailed. The place by me has $199 (or 99?) full detail and wax/polish. And add $99 for trucks and SUVs over that price though. Got a couple light scratches I'd like buffed out and the inside cleaned up. Any suggestions in the NW burbs that don't cost a million...
  18. R

stage 1 vs newer camaro

On my way into work this morning this Camaro was jumping around in traffic. I tried to get him to bite a couple times but he wouldn't take from a roll. We managed to grab a light then. I wasn't sure if he was going to go. It goes green I pull off the line, I hear him hit it, spin the...
  19. R

black Lagnuas on Carbon steel?

Anyone have some pictures of this setup? I requested in the CS thread with no luck :(. I think it will look good, but too lazy to paint and peal if it doesn't :).
  20. R

stock gti vs luxury suvs

Why do these things keep picking on me? They always get me at a stop light when I'm not expecting it. Usually I'm in gas saver mode so I shortshift second then then I realize the guy next to me is racing. Then I'm in the awkward 30mph too fast for first but too slow for second :( Today was an...