GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

VgRt6

Ready to race!
Just had my water pump recall replacement done this week.

The part number of the pump they put on is 06J-121-026-BG

However, I've seen on other older posts here that another part number for the replacement pump is 06J-121-026-AF

Anyone have info regarding these part numbers? Is the "BG" a newer pump?

Thanks

06J121026BG is the most recent version of the pump for a CBFA engine. I don't think that 06J121026AF is a valid part number for a 2.0T pump. 06H121026AF was an older version of the pump for a CCTA engine. The most recent version for the CCTA engine is 06H121026DD.

zrickety

The Fixer
Same here. 96k radiator leak.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

DejaEntendu

Ready to race!
Mines at the dealer right now for pump #2, a few days after I got the recall letter it started pissing out coolant. They offered a carbon cleaning since for some reason they had to remove the intake manifold? Idk but it's only 261 for the cleaning figured it's not a bad price. Hope they're not bsing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Mines at the dealer right now for pump #2, a few days after I got the recall letter it started pissing out coolant. They offered a carbon cleaning since for some reason they had to remove the intake manifold? Idk but it's only 261 for the cleaning figured it's not a bad price. Hope they're not bsing me.

definitely don't need to remove the intake manifold to replace the water pump, but for $261 that's a pretty killer price for carbon cleaning.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
If it's done throughly they should have to remove the manifold or that's a killer price for the cleaning?

if you go in for carbon cleaning alone it's usually way more expensive because you must remove the intake manifold to do so.

but seems that your dealer removes the intake manifold for the water pump, so you're not paying for that part of the labor cost.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
$261 for the carbon cleaning seems like a great price to me. My GTI doesn't have enough mileage on it to need one, but if it did I'd jump on the offer.