GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone not have issues with their MK6?

JEG

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had my 2013 for one year. It had a sensor go bad at about 3K miles (fixed under warranty). Not an issue since. It currently has 27K miles on it.

cranker1987

Ready to race!
Had an initial rattle when purchased, but dealer managed to eradicate it. Not a single problem since. I crossed 30K miles in my 2013 last week.

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
Just had the flapper valve go out at 59k miles. Covered using power train warranty. Upgraded to revised model. Other than that no issues.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
It's funny how caught up people are on quality from the Mk5 GTi they pick on the Mk6, even when the Mk7 is released in Europe.

serge1

Ready to race!
26K Miles on my 2012 GTI, APR Stage-1 installed at 4k miles. Fuel pump replaced under warranty at 13k miles. Other than that, car is rock solid and trouble free.

Mchughda1612

I have had mine since 000,025 miles, and to this point I have had PCV issues got a new one, intake manifold only cause RAI fucked mine up they deciding it would be a great idea to take a short cut to drill into it to do my meth regulation for boost. There is one minor issue I have had, time tensioner going at 60,000 and setting me back $6,200.00 i could of bought a TTRS for the money dumped into a car that is steadily depreciating as we this post is written. I have at this point 20+K invested in a 29K car. I love it but then I hate it for the engine failure. KO4 and stage 2+ from Unitronic was the issue VW of America said, I laughed on the phone and said oh ok, makes sense lol. I have herd people loosing the time tensioner cause of the Uni tune anyone else have this issue on Uni or any other tune? maybe we should get a thread going on this?

Kad10

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 that just clicked over 52,000 miles. Not a single issue and just love her more everyday :)

UncleDaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
2010 with 45k miles

Stage 1 since 32k

not one issue

Packer GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the car last year June with 5k miles. I am now at 25k miles.

1. Right after I bought the car I did the wastegate TSB.
2. My armrest got stuck open at 15k miles.
3. Blower motor went bad at 22k.

So a couple minor issue that were all covered under warranty. Since I bought my car from a VW certified dealer I got an additional 2 yr, 24k mile warranty on top of the factory warranty. So I'm covered until 5 yr or 60,000 miles. Pretty happy about that.

rich337

Ready to race!
water pump failed at 7k miles, replaced under warranty. no big deal, other than nearly getting stranded.

what does bug me are the unresolved issues:
- glovebox rattle (fixed it myself)
- dash rattle
- center console rattle
- grinding noise when steering wheel is turned lock to lock
- dashboard turns into a xmas tree every now and then, telling me to shut off the car immediately, then it goes away (?!?!)
- TPMS goes haywire every now and then, in mild temperatures

2012 w/17k miles...can't wait for my lease to end!