GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
Yes, definitely the car pulls much more consistently and smooth up top, and harder. In the higher RPMs the stronger springs help close the valves faster to help maximize power up top. I'd say its definitely noticeable. Feel like the power is there longer where as before I would feel my 5th gear was pretty lacking. And yes, use it or whats the point. ;-)

Edit: Might only help up top when pushing the car in high boost/high power applications....prob no benefit up top to a k04 car.

Just curious where that info came from? Big turbo cars are far less likely to have spring issues related to power/airflow, where as it is known issue the exact opposite on a k04. Ive never seen a big turbo car with a valvespring issue on a FSI/TSI .

Also interested in what car is that in your signature?

molo

Ready to race!
How does it run?

isn't running bad at all, couple of missfires in low revs. I don't have a gauge (lol) so I don't know if the N75 is doing its job... reason of why I have not push the car limits.

Will try to get some logs during the weekend.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Just curious where that info came from? Big turbo cars are far less likely to have spring issues related to power/airflow, where as it is known issue the exact opposite on a k04. Ive never seen a big turbo car with a valvespring issue on a FSI/TSI .

Also interested in what car is that in your signature?

Consulted with a couple VW master techs who are big into mods. Also I can feel the difference which is all i need for proof. Didnt say I had pre-existing issues. Did the springs before there was an issue to be safe and noticed the increase up top. Only notice difference starting in 5th gear.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Consulted with a couple VW master techs who are big into mods. Also I can feel the difference which is all i need for proof. Didnt say I had pre-existing issues. Did the springs before there was an issue to be safe and noticed the increase up top. Only notice difference starting in 5th gear.
Interesting. IIRC you're running over 30 psi which might be why you're feeling a difference.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
sheesh. that's more expensive than the braille one. i was interested until i saw the price /: i do need something for my battery relocate though. my oem one is finished so i'm most likely going with an optima or something.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
sheesh. that's more expensive than the braille one. i was interested until i saw the price /: i do need something for my battery relocate though. my oem one is finished so i'm most likely going with an optima or something.
Deka 16 pounder for under $100. Has worked through two winters without a problem.

I made a custom bracket for mine.

http://www.etx16.com

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Deka 16 pounder for under $100. Has worked through two winters without a problem.

I made a custom bracket for mine.

http://www.etx16.com

awesome man. i'm all over it. i was set on putting it in my trunk but i'm not sure if putting it in the cabin would be better with a rear seat delete. i could put it on the floor and get the weight lower rather than behind the rear wheels. probably a dumb idea but i haven't nixxed it yet.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
awesome man. i'm all over it. i was set on putting it in my trunk but i'm not sure if putting it in the cabin would be better with a rear seat delete. i could put it on the floor and get the weight lower rather than behind the rear wheels. probably a dumb idea but i haven't nixxed it yet.

Building a "pit" in my trunk for a battery at some point

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

well, i know what is going on my christmas list now.

:wub:

Here's a picture of it for anyone wondering. It's been in for a while so the mount is showing a little rust. I'm thinking about just making a whole tray out of aluminum to take place of the stock battery tray and incorporating a master cylinder flex bracket thing into it. But first order of business is to fix my trans. Lol.

kern417

Go Kart Champion

i guess you already chopped up your trunk but did you ever look into the mk5 r32 trunk? Not sure how close the fit would be anyway but curious. either way i figure moving weight lower is better than just moving weight farther back.

Here's a picture of it for anyone wondering. It's been in for a while so the mount is showing a little rust. I'm thinking about just making a whole tray out of aluminum to take place of the stock battery tray and incorporating a master cylinder flex bracket thing into it. But first order of business is to fix my trans. Lol.

gotcha. i thought you relocated it. still it looks way smaller than oem

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I'm starting to think getting a container to import all halvie stuff.. P40+ lug bolts, recaro sporter+ this fancy battery +the whole APR candy store

i'm kind of pissed he sold the brakes. i only needed him to hold them for, like, another year or so and then bam i'd buy them right away. :(

where does he have recaros for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.