GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build thread? Gonna give this a shot..

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Haha awesome man! I would of had a similar reaction.

Sick ride btw man!

After 3 months of not seeing more than standard white or dark blue F250 work trucks, box trucks, and military vehicles, it was a really weird minute or two. I went from OMG A GTI!! to SWEET JESUS ITS A SCIROCCO!!! to Wait Whaaa..... and then back to BUT ITS A SCIRACCO WHERES MY PHONE (Because of course, internets rules state that if there are no pictures it did not happen).

Thanks though!
It means a lot. I miss it :cry:
Only 3 more months though!

Last edited:

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
After 3 months of not seeing more than standard white or dark blue F250 work trucks, box trucks, and military vehicles, it was a really weird minute or two. I went from OMG A GTI!! to SWEET JESUS ITS A SCIROCCO!!! to Wait Whaaa..... and then back to BUT ITS A SCIRACCO WHERES MY PHONE (Because of course, internets rules state that if there are no pictures it did not happen).

Thanks though!
It means a lot. I miss it :cry:
Only 3 more months though!

Hahah completely agree man but hey you got the picture! Id love to see one, but I dont think Ill ever go overseas ..

And you're welcome. 3months will fly

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
So, today I emailed a few local upholstery shops and Love's Trim just for the hell fo it. I'm looking for an estimate to have my seats, arm rest, and shift boot reupholstered.
Basically im wanting a nice black material on everything with dark grey stitching, then in the centers of the seats where the plaid would have been I want diamond stitching.
I would love to have them done in alcantara but thats a little more than my bank account will allow.
We'll see what they say.
I'll update more when I have some responses.

I ordered my aluminum skid plate from ECS Tuning.
Also ordered Golf R rep side skirts, 2 10" Kicker subs with an amp for them, and the Double Apex USB kit.

Followed that with a $500 principle payment to the car loan.

Its payday! aaaaand its gone :( haha

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Thanks to another member Aregister, I just picked up a nice 034 Motorsports catch can.

Cant wait to install it! Its the best looking one on the market for sure!

Guess this means my buddy Barnes will be getting my DIY kit.

Last edited:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Sideskirts, ECS Tuning Skid Plate, subs/amp, and Double Apex USB kit was picked up today. Still waiting on the Splitter and Skirtlets from Ian and my 034 Motorsports Catch Can should be on its way. Just adding to my mountain of parts ill be coming home to :p

All thats left would be a Porter Cable buffer, Master Detail kit and Buffer Pad kit from Chemical Guys, along with a few other things for the garage like a mini fridge, more shelves, shopvac, whatnot.

Going to be ordering an Alcantara Shift Boot and Arm rest along with some extra fabric to wrap my door cards and maybe the headliner after SoWo. Then I can get my seats reupholstered in Alcantara with grey diamond stitched centers. Try and save some monies and do everything but the seats myself.
Once I get that far ill decide if I wanna do anything else in it, probably just the hatch cover. Don't wanna over do it.

Come on January! :mad0259::happyanim:

Last edited:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
No updates really.
Ordered some sickers and a shirt from UnderWraps.

Damn I miss my car :cry:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
So my buddy sold his rims finally. Which means since mine arent back yet she gets to chill on some stands lol.

While shes in the air my buddy redid the fender screw mod on the new fender for me :thanks:

Now I just gotta get that new fender rolled and pulled to match the driver side.

In other news,

Havent heard back from Aregister about the catch can. Ended up cancelling the transactiona nd emailing him telling him to hit me up if hes ready to ship and that id get him the money. Oh well i guess. My DIY one is fine for now.

Ian has had the flu and hasnt been able to get my splitter and skirtlets out yet. He said they should be out by this weekend. Ill update with photos as soon as I get some.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
My buddy sent me a few garage pics.

I only ordered a few things.... :D

Then he sent me a sneak peak of my gorgeous skid plate. Damn near dont wanna put it on the car!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Did some cleaning and threw some more teal in the engine bay. I still hate that red filter but everything im finding is a cone filter and won't fit in the housing. Has anyone dyed one before?

View attachment 43412
View attachment 43413

Had to run through your thread again to see your engine cover! Definitely digging the custom color scheme, debating on if I want to do one for my car. I really like the idea of black with OD green accents, but havent been able to find high temp paint for my brakes.

Keep it up dude! I'll be excited to see everything getting installed once you're back.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Had to run through your thread again to see your engine cover! Definitely digging the custom color scheme, debating on if I want to do one for my car. I really like the idea of black with OD green accents, but havent been able to find high temp paint for my brakes.

Keep it up dude! I'll be excited to see everything getting installed once you're back.

Thanks! I love reading feedback.

OD Green and black would look great. An option that I think would look good would be do everything OD green and black and then yellow calipers and fog lights. Just my mind playing with colors anyways and I know there's yellow caliper paint out there.

I picture a slammed OD green wrapped gti with black rims and yellow fogs and calipers. Hmm sexy :)

Trust me I can't wait to get everything installed. I'm itching to get started haha.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Thanks! I love reading feedback.

OD Green and black would look great. An option that I think would look good would be do everything OD green and black and then yellow calipers and fog lights. Just my mind playing with colors anyways and I know there's yellow caliper paint out there.

I picture a slammed OD green wrapped gti with black rims and yellow fogs and calipers. Hmm sexy :)

Trust me I can't wait to get everything installed. I'm itching to get started haha.

That would be interesting, but I'm looking at bronze wheels (maybe wrapped, dipped, or coated Miro 111's) to accent the car, so yellow calipers would probably clash.

There is a member on here who did wrap their car in OD green with a mirror black roof. If you look in the cosmetics section the thread is DIY car wrap or something similar. I'd post a link but I'm on my mobile.

EDIT: Hopped on at work, heres the link: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78780

The search continues for the brake paint! Worst comes to worst I can paint them black and accent other things instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: