GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build thread? Gonna give this a shot..

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
That would be interesting, but I'm looking at bronze wheels (maybe wrapped, dipped, or coated Miro 111's) to accent the car, so yellow calipers would probably clash.

There is a member on here who did wrap their car in OD green with a mirror black roof. If you look in the cosmetics section the thread is DIY car wrap or something similar. I'd post a link but I'm on my mobile.

EDIT: Hopped on at work, heres the link: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78780

The search continues for the brake paint! Worst comes to worst I can paint them black and accent other things instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats actually the car I was thinking of haha. I went though his thread when I was thinking about wrapping mine. Im trying to talk my buddy into wrapping his 2 door in 3M Matte Metallic Brown and getting his rims powdercoated matte silver. All with matte silver trim. It would look gorgeous but it would take some money. Im sure youll think of something bud, just keep at it.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Thats actually the car I was thinking of haha. I went though his thread when I was thinking about wrapping mine. Im trying to talk my buddy into wrapping his 2 door in 3M Matte Metallic Brown and getting his rims powdercoated matte silver. All with matte silver trim. It would look gorgeous but it would take some money. Im sure youll think of something bud, just keep at it.

[emoji106] before I do anything I want to get my exhaust finished and get a tune. Gotta make her go fast before making her look fast, haha

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
[emoji106] before I do anything I want to get my exhaust finished and get a tune. Gotta make her go fast before making her look fast, haha

Ehh, go fast parts dont really fancy me. I got the intake and exhaust more for looks/sound than performance. I was going to do the Unitronic tune but I dont think im even gonna do that anymore. Just install everythign that I have, make it look good, and then focus on paying it off so I can get another project.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Ehh, go fast parts dont really fancy me. I got the intake and exhaust more for looks/sound than performance. I was going to do the Unitronic tune but I dont think im even gonna do that anymore. Just install everythign that I have, make it look good, and then focus on paying it off so I can get another project.

See I'm the exact opposite. I don't mind spending money on something that will make my car perform better (intake, exhaust, wheels for wider tires, etc) but I'm typically hesitant to buy anything for just an aesthetic purpose. I'm a function>form guy rather than a form>function one, but to each their own.

I would like to try and wrap my diffuser with a carbon fiber wrap though, that'd be sexy as long as it held up to exhaust temps

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
See I'm the exact opposite. I don't mind spending money on something that will make my car perform better (intake, exhaust, wheels for wider tires, etc) but I'm typically hesitant to buy anything for just an aesthetic purpose. I'm a function>form guy rather than a form>function one, but to each their own.

This man gets it. Go fast first!

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
So my buddy sold his rims finally. Which means since mine arent back yet she gets to chill on some stands lol.

While shes in the air my buddy redid the fender screw mod on the new fender for me :thanks:

Now I just gotta get that new fender rolled and pulled to match the driver side.

Your fenders are only rolled. Not pulled. But maybe ill do that before you get back. Depends on how brave I get.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
This man gets it. Go fast first!

To each their own. Low and slow is good for me :D

Your fenders are only rolled. Not pulled. But maybe ill do that before you get back. Depends on how brave I get.

The fronts wre pulled some. Stand at the front and look and compare them.

Its all good if you dont wanna. I dont mind it waiting till i get back. Its all up to you bud.

Youve helped me out enough as it is, its not gonna bug me for that to wait haha :thumbup:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Damn I really want this.

Ill pick one up probably this summer or fall. Gotta get the car a little lower and refinanced first and we'll be moving into a house.

"89 325i, 5spd, 3.73lsd, BBS RS 8.5 & 10s on new tires, Bilstein HDs, GP coil overs, stage 2 clutch, new top. $4,000"

Powdercoat the rims matte silver, bring it down a little more, vinyl wrap it dark matte blue, throw a magnaflow catback and an intake on it and call it done :thumbsup:

One day..

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Damn I really want this.

Ill pick one up probably this summer or fall. Gotta get the car a little lower and refinanced first and we'll be moving into a house.

"89 325i, 5spd, 3.73lsd, BBS RS 8.5 & 10s on new tires, Bilstein HDs, GP coil overs, stage 2 clutch, new top. $4,000"

Powdercoat the rims matte silver, bring it down a little more, vinyl wrap it dark matte blue, throw a magnaflow catback and an intake on it and call it done :thumbsup:

One day..

Very nice! And a good price too. I'd love to build a turbo or m50 swap once I get the GTI payed off

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Very nice! And a good price too. I'd love to build a turbo or m50 swap once I get the GTI payed off

Sweet!

Yeah I really want another truck but money wise I just dont know if its gonna happen.

As far as projects ive been drawn to the e30 2 door with those exact plans. An early 70's Datsun Z with over fenders and a boosted inline 6. Gutted interior. Just low, sexy, and fast. Or an S13 240sx coupe with a silvia front end and the same plans as the datsun.

The e30 is my top choice though. Less money, easier to find, and it keeps me in the Euro group. Those other two would be the only way id go back to JDM.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Sweet!

Yeah I really want another truck but money wise I just dont know if its gonna happen.

As far as projects ive been drawn to the e30 2 door with those exact plans. An early 70's Datsun Z with over fenders and a boosted inline 6. Gutted interior. Just low, sexy, and fast. Or an S13 240sx coupe with a silvia front end and the same plans as the datsun.

The e30 is my top choice though. Less money, easier to find, and it keeps me in the Euro group. Those other two would be the only way id go back to JDM.

If you lived in NC I think we'd be great friends, haha.

I used to work in a shop specializing in 300zx's while in college. Helped build one that ended up with about 700whp. We were also in the process of restoring a old 240z when I had to quit and go back to school. My current roommate flipped a few s13's while in college as well. Fun times.

If I don't build a e30 or s13 next, it will end up being a Jeep. Either a TJ, XJ, or a YJ for old times sake (learned stick on one)

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
If you lived in NC I think we'd be great friends, haha.

I used to work in a shop specializing in 300zx's while in college. Helped build one that ended up with about 700whp. We were also in the process of restoring a old 240z when I had to quit and go back to school. My current roommate flipped a few s13's while in college as well. Fun times.

If I don't build a e30 or s13 next, it will end up being a Jeep. Either a TJ, XJ, or a YJ for old times sake (learned stick on one)

Im not that far away haha. Down around Columbia SC.

A buddy of mine has one of the cleanest 300zx's ive ever seen. His family also has a yard full of old Z's.

Theres an amazing right hand drive Silvia S13 coupe in town. Every time i see it im like WANT!! :drool: haha

Jeeps are good. You have good taste in which ones to get too haha.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion

I dont dislike go fast parts, theyre just not on my priority list. For what it is, my car isnt slow. For what most go fast parts go for I could have Avant Garde M220's or BBS RS's. Im also a fan of keeping my car a reliable daily. If im going to get performance out of something ill buid a project. Thats just me though. To each their own.