GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Choices of exhaust

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
I will be ordering one when i get back from SOWO if i dont get one at the event.

Merelington

Ready to race!
AWE GTI vs 2.5

Here is mine, Golf 2.5 with swap to AWE GTI style exhaust catback

I'm a complete exhaust noob but can we safely swap for the GTI AWE like you did?

Are performance gains the same, better, or worse than the catback specifically designed for our 2.5's?

I figured both 2.5 & GTI AWE catbacks had different specs to account for their respective backpressure required (i.e turbo vs NA)?

I'ma need some enlightening...

I'm a complete exhaust noob but can we safely swap for the GTI AWE like you did?

Are performance gains the same, better, or worse than the catback specifically designed for our 2.5's?

I figured both 2.5 & GTI AWE catbacks had different specs to account for their respective backpressure required (i.e turbo vs NA)?

I'ma need some enlightening...

he has stock resonator. he did the catback swap only. exhaust on our car's is not going to affect perfomance on paper wise, but you will enjoy driving much more as it opens up the beast inside.

I would get the mk6 golf resonator and the gti catback combo from AWE. It will sound awesome!

stas92

Passed Driver's Ed
he has stock resonator. he did the catback swap only. exhaust on our car's is not going to affect perfomance on paper wise, but you will enjoy driving much more as it opens up the beast inside.

I would get the mk6 golf resonator and the gti catback combo from AWE. It will sound awesome!

Dude the sounds it self is like 20whp :rolleyes:

jerms

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, i just installed the GTI Magnaflow Catback (One tip per side) on my 2.5L and i have to say it sounds amazing. Will post a video soon

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
The MKV Eurojet catback posted by Stas doesnt sound too bad but am I the only one who thinks it sounds too much like a fartcan'ed Civic?

Tomek1

The MKV Eurojet catback posted by Stas doesnt sound too bad but am I the only one who thinks it sounds too much like a fartcan'ed Civic?

It does, but if you look at his video on youtube, un the description he wrote that the actual sound gets muffled a bit by the gopro case, so thats where you get the civic-ness of it

stas92

Passed Driver's Ed

It does, but if you look at his video on youtube, un the description he wrote that the actual sound gets muffled a bit by the gopro case, so thats where you get the civic-ness of it

Pretty much that. It's a clean note and not nearly as loud and obnoxious as civic coffee cans. I keep forgetting to re-record the audio.

Yeahitsjustafaze

Ready to race!
Came today, hopefully putting it on tomorrow! :D

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 191