GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Gonna bump this old thread up I'm reading the same code p2568 but here's the kicker 2014 Vw gti with oem intercooler deleted sensor isn't rubbing on anything, I have a front mount but I also put in the delete brackets and everything so the oem one is completely gone. I've had it like this for a good 6-7 months and never an issue I got the code 2 days ago driving to work, cleared it and it came back tonight with a new symptom my temp sensor went to 260 while driving mildly on a local road 45mph in 4th. Had to pull over pop the hood no leaks, coolant lvl all good but motor seems to be working really hard. Taking it in hopefully tomorrow to see what's up. I'll keep this updated as I go.

crazyasamexican

Gonna bump this old thread up I'm reading the same code p2568 but here's the kicker 2014 Vw gti with oem intercooler deleted sensor isn't rubbing on anything, I have a front mount but I also put in the delete brackets and everything so the oem one is completely gone. I've had it like this for a good 6-7 months and never an issue I got the code 2 days ago driving to work, cleared it and it came back tonight with a new symptom my temp sensor went to 260 while driving mildly on a local road 45mph in 4th. Had to pull over pop the hood no leaks, coolant lvl all good but motor seems to be working really hard. Taking it in hopefully tomorrow to see what's up. I'll keep this updated as I go.

Same symptoms my car had. Dealer replaced the radiator, bled the system, twice (after I picked it up and limped it back because it overheated), replaced the water pump for the 2nd time at 28k as well. I believe the sensor is somehow tied to the cooling system of the car, namely, closing the thermostats inside the motor since the fans run on max, but the radiator itself is cool to the touch and the motor is boiling, at least in my case. :D

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Same symptoms my car had. Dealer replaced the radiator, bled the system, twice (after I picked it up and limped it back because it overheated), replaced the water pump for the 2nd time at 28k as well. I believe the sensor is somehow tied to the cooling system of the car, namely, closing the thermostats inside the motor since the fans run on max, but the radiator itself is cool to the touch and the motor is boiling, at least in my case. :D

Same shit as mine man. Motor boiling but radiator cool to the touch and fans running like crazy. Did the water pump and new radiator take care of the problem for you?

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
FUCK! this code came on for me yesterday after I did my Wagner Tuning Intercooler install Thursday, no room for the sensor so I relocated it. Code 2568 came up yesterday compounded by this issue that i just sent over to APR:
" I've been tuned by APR since September 2013 (Stage 1), then stage 2 in September 2014. I've had v2.1 of the stage 2 tune since the end of April (went to TyrolSport to update to v2.1) and every since then my fans seem like they been running on overdrive when i shut the car off and for extended periods of time. I could literally run the car for 1 or 2 minutes and the fans run for an oddly long time after I shut the car off and still at very high speed, the sounds like it's ready to take off. I also can't pass inspection because my O2 sensor is reading not ready (and yes I have a catalytic converter, 200 cell hi flow)."
:help:

BeanieKen

I'm dreaded by this sensor failure too. Engine light turned on yesterday, brought it to the dealer today and they said the o-zone sensor on the radiator has failed internally and it costs $1k to replace it.

I had the faulty leaking coolant pump replaced in April due to the recall, a leaking rear shock was replaced also.

My warranty just ended in May and I'm at a loss here....my car is still being held hostage at the dealer.

Will keep this updated.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I'm dreaded by this sensor failure too. Engine light turned on yesterday, brought it to the dealer today and they said the o-zone sensor on the radiator has failed internally and it costs $1k to replace it.

I had the faulty leaking coolant pump replaced in April due to the recall, a leaking rear shock was replaced also.

My warranty just ended in May and I'm at a loss here....my car is still being held hostage at the dealer.

Will keep this updated.

Are you on the NorCal VW Drivers Club group(Link in my sig)? We have a local member that was VW master tech that can probably do the install for you a good price. Let me know your name and I'll approve you. You can probably pick up the radiator online with a new ozone sensor for around ~$350 or so. So probably save 50%.

BeanieKen

UPDATE! I'll try to keep it short and detailed.

After a long night of research and with the help of a friend who's a mechanic, we found out that my 13' GTI is a PZEV vehicle and there is a CA PZEV warranty on emission related parts (FYI I'm located in CA).

I called up the service advisor next day morning and told him that since the O-zone sensor doesn't come separately and it's considered a part of the radiator, it should be an emission related item. At first, he said that the sensor is not covered under the emission warranty except items like the catalytic converter and such. Then I mentioned the PZEV emission warranty to him and he said he will contact the VW HQ to double check.

Later he called back saying yes, the radiator assembly IS covered under the emission warranty and that's good for 7 years/70k miles, therefore, he can replace it free of charge. However, the only thing is I've asked them to clear the code yesterday and they cannot perform warranty work on it unless the engine light is turned back on, so I was asked to pick up my car and drive it until the light comes back on (it may or may not come back) then bring it back to the dealer and have the radiator assembly replaced.

I just saved myself $990 there. Don't let your dealer rips you off! Spread the words!

TL;DR version: O-zone sensor on the radiator assembly is covered under emission warranty for 7 yr/70k (works in CA, not sure about other states, will need to confirm).

Are you on the NorCal VW Drivers Club group(Link in my sig)? We have a local member that was VW master tech that can probably do the install for you a good price. Let me know your name and I'll approve you. You can probably pick up the radiator online with a new ozone sensor for around ~$350 or so. So probably save 50%.
No I'm not, but it's fortunate that I've sorted it out with the dealer. I've sent a join request, my name is Kenneth. Thanks! Edit: I'm in the group now

Last edited:

BeanieKen

I've picked up my car today and here's my copy of invoice. It says the ozone sensor along with the whole radiator assembly is indeed covered under the emission warranty (see invoice below).

I consider myself really fortunate to find this out before dishing out $1k for repair. I'll keep my finger crossed and hope the light doesn't come back on too soon.

P.S. Even though it gives me headache from time to time, I still love my car very much.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
This code is haunting me. I've been clearing it every other day but it just keeps coming back. Also boost gauge is now saying 11-12 psi vs 20 previously (APR stage 1 v.2.4)

Did anyone else lose boost with this?? Put it in stock form and it's boosting like 6psi. So almost half in stock and flashed modes. Car feels strong though so I don't know.

What to do!?

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I've picked up my car today and here's my copy of invoice. It says the ozone sensor along with the whole radiator assembly is indeed covered under the emission warranty (see invoice below).

I consider myself really fortunate to find this out before dishing out $1k for repair. I'll keep my finger crossed and hope the light doesn't come back on too soon.

P.S. Even though it gives me headache from time to time, I still love my car very much.

yeah, I was advised this would be covered under emissions warranty. I'm on my third radiator. The first had a leak, the 2nd had this P2568 and was replaced. The 3rd had the code pop up within a week or two but just didn't have the time to bring it in because of my job. I was ready to sell the car at the time, but now I intend to get this fixed when I have to do the ECM update for smog.

it's been a party. :thumbsup:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
This code is haunting me. I've been clearing it every other day but it just keeps coming back. Also boost gauge is now saying 11-12 psi vs 20 previously (APR stage 1 v.2.4)

Did anyone else lose boost with this?? Put it in stock form and it's boosting like 6psi. So almost half in stock and flashed modes. Car feels strong though so I don't know.

What to do!?

under what conditions does yours return after clearing? Yes, I felt a noticeable loss of power when it came on, but not insane. I would clear the code and toggle through my APR stages to refresh everything and then it would feel fine. I do not have a boost gauge for reference.

One thing I noticed is that I only got code if I didn't let my car properly warm up and started driving aggressively out of the gates on start up. I've never had the code return since I took the practice of being gentle on the car until it was nice and warmed up. Haven't had the code in over a year, but I still need to replace to pass smog. Obviously, the only solution is a new radiator or McGivering a new sensor on.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
This last time I drove for 2.5 days and then cel came on randomly while idling at a gas station after a 25 min drive. It's super random and annoying. Power feels there and it still lights up tires in 2nd from a roll but boost gauge only reads 11-12 psi no peak just climbs and stays there. It's very odd and maybe just my gauge going at the same time who knows. Just weird that no matter if I clear the code or not the power seems just hit or miss.

Maybe I'll see if VW will warranty it under the 7 year emissions warranty.