GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dom's 2DR Tornado Red GTI

Dom1

Ready to race!
Hey guys I just registered over here but ive been lurkng for a while, im TornadoRedMk6 on the vortex but i dont post much there anyways, so far ive got the following done on my car :

Performance:

REVO Stage 2
APR Carbonio
BB Downpipe
Neuspeed TOP
Tyrolsport Shifter/subframe/brake bushings
Clutchmasters FX350
S3 SS
Hotchkis f/r swaybars
DG Springs
HPA Dogbone mount

Exterior:

OEM tinted LED tails
OEM front votex lip
Colourmatched side markers
4" Tips on stock cat back, painted gloss black
19x8 Neuspeed forged RS-10's wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza 235/35/19

Some new pics of the summer wheels installed as of 02/04/2013

These rims are AWESOME.

They fill in the DG springs gap perfectly, and they weight 18.9lbs EACH! The stock detroits are heavy as f*ck compared to these, and I noticed them on the road right away.

Ive been debating K04 but in all honesty all that I have left to do is the intercooler, these lighter wheels, neuspeed TOP, Downpipe and 93 REVO stage 2 tune are more then enough for the streets..

Last edited:

Dom1

Ready to race!
Ordered some stuff today!

-Hotchkis f/r swaybars
-s3 short shifter
-tyrolsport subframe, brake and shifter bushings
-driver gear springs
-front oem lip colomatched
-neuspeed TOP

need to order
-CCW 18x8.5 classics
-OEM tinted euro tails
-SPM intercooler

once all this is on ill update my thread, really excited to get this thing where I want it :)

Dom1

Ready to race!
Ordered my FX350 clutch, will have pics and a review of it when it arrives.
Also waiting on a few other bits to come in and get installed, but I will have pics soon to show you guys everything! :attention_whore:

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
dude... do you ever go to Meadowvale town center Goodlife? and the silver mk4 beside you in that pic... does that person currently have bright orange rims??

Dom1

Ready to race!
dude... do you ever go to Meadowvale town center Goodlife? and the silver mk4 beside you in that pic... does that person currently have bright orange rims??
No but ive chilled there a few times haha. And yeah hes got bright orange rims for winter :thumbsup:

JustinKYC.

Ready to race!
i had to look twice at your license plate because i thought it said something that wasn't AMAL. haha

KilleenGTI

Ready to race!
Looks great man! Tell me more about hte exhaust tips you installed? i like the look of the larger tips, and I have been considering a CBE. I do not plan to go Stage II in the near future, so a TBE is a lot of cost for not a lot of gain. Nonetheless, i am not looking for loud. just a bit deeper and throaty. Did these tips alter sound at all?
check out my build thread - KilleenGTI

Dom1

Ready to race!
Got some stuff in today :D

Clutchmasters FX350, OEM front lip, Driver gear springs, Hotchkis sways and I installed my S3 short shifter!

Anyone looking for a really great feeling shifter the S3 is great, throws are reduced by the advertised 20% and makes it feel so much better. Worth 50$ for sure. If you want really close shifts DO NOT buy the s3.. its a nice oem refined feeling and paired with the Tyrolsport bushings it shifts just like I want it.

I will be installing the front lip tomorrow, and I may get my springs and sways installed this satuday so expect pics and updates on how everything is and feels :thumbsup:

Dom1

Ready to race!
Looks great man! Tell me more about hte exhaust tips you installed? i like the look of the larger tips, and I have been considering a CBE. I do not plan to go Stage II in the near future, so a TBE is a lot of cost for not a lot of gain. Nonetheless, i am not looking for loud. just a bit deeper and throaty. Did these tips alter sound at all?
check out my build thread - KilleenGTI
The BB downpipe with stock catback is perfect for me, stock sound at idle once the car is warmed up, and during regular driving it is a smidge louder but zero drone. When you get on it people will mistake me for having a catback with my 4" tips on there :)

The tips will not alter sound at all, but it really makes the ass of the car look great - these paired with LED tails will be sex, ill be ordering my LED tails next week so ill get pics up of everything as it comes in and gets installed.

Dom1

Ready to race!
Some more pics of the 4" tips since ive been asked a bit about them, and ive recently painted them black (LOVE them in black).

Ill get some better pics with my HD camera once my cars cleaned off.