GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender braces

nbturbos

Passed Driver's Ed

Fender braces getting put on this weekend! Seen em improve handling dramatically on other cars, my buddy got some on his srt4 and it was a notocable difference. Car felt more planted in the front around corners...anda guy makes em custom here in So Fla. Good bang for the buck too, I'll get a final price soon. Any one else interested? Maybe we can get a group rate. That photo is a track kit for a sentra, but ours will look similar with correct mounting locations.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1450999057933.jpg
    FB_IMG_1450999057933.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 190

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
I looked at the ideea and it is not a bad one, but most cars using these have strut towers which are way forward of the fire wall... which is why something like this could help. Our Golf's setup makes the strut tower to be adjacent/ touching the firewall... so maybe not as much benefit there.

That said, you will only know once you try it.
And I am all for pioneering new things on our platform.

zrickety

The Fixer
I know these work great on older cars, not sure they would do much for us. Unibrace or tyrolsport would make them if they did.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Doubtful these will provide much benefit. Our strut towers are integrated into the firewall. The payoff isn't worth the effort.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Fender braces getting put on this weekend! Seen em improve handling dramatically on other cars, my buddy got some on his srt4 and it was a notocable difference. Car felt more planted in the front around corners...anda guy makes em custom here in So Fla. Good bang for the buck too, I'll get a final price soon. Any one else interested? Maybe we can get a group rate. That photo is a track kit for a sentra, but ours will look similar with correct mounting locations.

These are braces for behind the front fenders or are these another strut tower brace option. Interested in the install/DIY.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
These were a big improvement when I drove a Miata but I don't know the GTI has the same problem of a loose feeling unibody YET. This chassis is still pretty new, but like hockeystar said with our strut towers being part of the firewall and our inner fenders not being integrated this might be a lot of work for little gain.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I think the most gain will be for the $ellers of these. Very low on my bang for the buck meter. Your meter may read differently.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
As someone who probably has one of the stiffer if not stiffest GTIs on here this sort of interests me, yet really confuses me. I cannot picture where this would bolt up.

So this is vertically mounted behind the fender?!

In for more info.