GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally Validated! And my MPGs are up, up, up!

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Documentation...

...I mentioned the VagCom issue I found from your post, mentioned they were going to check that.

I am still waiting...so they can fix additionally repair/tweak the VagCom but will keep everyone posted on details regarding both repairs..

In any event I will keep the forum posted on my issue with VagCom and transmission as well.

Please keep us posted on your results. Especially any TSB#'s or other procedures that the dealer does to your car. I can tell that the biggest problem is going to be communicating the issue(s) to the service department.
Real documentation of what's done is critical to be taken seriously. Thanks.

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
I had a tire replaced last week at the dealer and whatever update they applied, my MPG has gone up.

surrealchemist,

Can you find out what exactly your dealer did to your car and post it up? It would really help the rest of us. Most service departments are probably not going to be able to help much without some documentation like TSB or procedure #'s. Thanks.

Phoenix1

Please keep us posted on your results. Especially any TSB#'s or other procedures that the dealer does to your car. I can tell that the biggest problem is going to be communicating the issue(s) to the service department.
Real documentation of what's done is critical to be taken seriously. Thanks.

Hello Burt, yep I will. I especially plan to keep everyone posted on how the dealership deals with the issue. So far although they have stated they will make it right, they have been really quiet about expressing what they would do to "make it right".

Funny today the VW customer service line called about the transmission part causing the jerkiness. The part they are replacing there is called the Magnatronix. I pretty much let it rip on the call...just hoping they will make it right but will soon see.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
surrealchemist,

Can you find out what exactly your dealer did to your car and post it up? It would really help the rest of us. Most service departments are probably not going to be able to help much without some documentation like TSB or procedure #'s. Thanks.

I posted this in another thread where people were worried about a throttle body update overwriting the ECU. Here is what the invoice said:
97942599 Check Coding; Update Coding
526 WV03 0.50
FC: 97T299 HLO

3486 Perform YW Update Complete

I don't know if it was related to my bad tire, but I never really got 28MPG average before the update that I ever remember.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
MrClean,

Can you please post the name and/or phone number of your service advisor and/or dealer so if there are any questions my service people can contact yours.

Also, can you please clarify if the work your dealer did that helped your gas mileage was a TSB, a recall, or a Vagcom tweak?

I want to sound like I know what I am talking about when I bring this issue up to my service dude and he say's "Huh...?"

Thank you.

The service advisor I worked with is named Mandy at Byers Imports in Columbus, Ohio.
614-864-5180

However, you may want to note:

Recall 97T2-W-RVUTB 97T2/YW Software Update Body Control Module

shmuelyosef

I'm at about 3000 miles on my 2011 DSG GTI...also very disappointed in MPG, averaging about 25 or a little less with 90% of my driving at 75mph on smooth freeways in commute.

I have noticed that the fuel consumption is HUGE during the first 2-3 miles after start...can be as much as half a fuel gauge division in 3 miles. After that I get indicated mileage on par with what I expect (if I reset the [1] trip meter after first few miles). My MFI fuel consumption also reads 1.5-2 MPG higher than dividing mileage by actual fuel consumed.

Anybody else notice this ridiculous startup consumption...if I reset MFI Trip [1] then start up cold and drive 3-5 miles as conservatively as I can, it can read as low as 8-12 MPG.

shmuelyosef

Also, anybody know if this applies to 2011 vehicles?

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
I'm at about 3000 miles on my 2011 DSG GTI...also very disappointed in MPG, averaging about 25 or a little less with 90% of my driving at 75mph on smooth freeways in commute.

I have noticed that the fuel consumption is HUGE during the first 2-3 miles after start...can be as much as half a fuel gauge division in 3 miles. After that I get indicated mileage on par with what I expect (if I reset the [1] trip meter after first few miles). My MFI fuel consumption also reads 1.5-2 MPG higher than dividing mileage by actual fuel consumed.

Anybody else notice this ridiculous startup consumption...if I reset MFI Trip [1] then start up cold and drive 3-5 miles as conservatively as I can, it can read as low as 8-12 MPG.

Mine is 2010 DSG 4Dr....same story.

dbest6808

Ready to race!
Mine is 2010 DSG 4Dr....same story.

The car runs rich on startup, its supposed to. On a cold start the ecu dumps extra fuel until the car is up to temp then settles with a leaner mixture.

El TexMex

Ready to race!
Checked the TSBs and it doesn't.
Where can the TSB database be accessed?
I mean I know that this particular TSB doesn't apply to 2011 models, but I too am averaging 21 mpg city on very conservative driving. The listed 24 mpg in my opinion is a big difference compared to what I get now.

super steve

Ready to race!
I was just informed that this does not extend to Canada. Oh well.....

Damn this sucks....
I just stumbled upon this thread and you guys get really good mileage.
After the price for gas has gone up recently I've decided to really really drive like a granny and after I filled up I measured 27mpg

And I thought 27 was pretty good but seeing someone get 30+ is really insane

Anyone know which vin # range is covered for this TSB?

Our fuel consumption worsens in the cold, right? maybe thats what i am getting shitty results. But if someone can get 400+ miles per tank that boggles me. I have hard time making 500km before the yellow light comes on by our fuel gauge