GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge catch can installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennybak

Ready to race!
I need to get our local test car back in here (likely tomorrow) in order to take some measurements to see exactly how much longer of a hose would be necessary, and we'll evaluate things from there.

We should be able to finalize the pricing and a possible initial group by before the end of the week.

sweet! im glad you guys at forge and listening to our requests! im waiting for this to come out so i can buy it =)

Bender1

Banned
I need to get our local test car back in here (likely tomorrow) in order to take some measurements to see exactly how much longer of a hose would be necessary, and we'll evaluate things from there.

We should be able to finalize the pricing and a possible initial group by before the end of the week.

:w00t:

jasunto

Ready to race!
I can help out for local Orlando stuff if ever needed

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

:thumbsup: :clap:

munkey

Ready to race!
For those that had catch cans or know more than me - how often does it have to be emptied? Is it weekly, monthly, etc?

I'm sure the answer is "it depends," but I'm just curious on an approximate time frame.

Bender1

Banned
For those that had catch cans or know more than me - how often does it have to be emptied? Is it weekly, monthly, etc?

I'm sure the answer is "it depends," but I'm just curious on an approximate time frame.

I have always heard every 5k - but i would be interested to see if that is true.

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
See, I read someone talk about weekly emptying. Hopefully someone that knows what they are doing will respond :)

It depends on so many factors. Climate, driving style, etc. Also, this CC is built different than all other CC's for the TSI engine thus far. It only has one PCV line, so it may collect more, or less than the BSH CC for example.
Emptying every 5K miles is probably not frequently enough. Emptying every week is overkill though.
Whatever you decide for the frequency of emptying, just don't let it overflow, because then there will be no way for the engine to relieve the crankcase pressure. Which can cause a whole slew of problems.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
There is no answer to this question that will hold true for every car or every user.

Every single car will have a slightly variable amount of blow-by gases get past the piston rings. This means each car will have a slightly different amount of PCV gases and vapors being vented into the tank. This will also vary quite a lot based on boost levels, driving styles, atmospheric conditions, temperature and especially the capacity of the given tank you are using.

During colder months, more condesation will build up within the motor than during warmer months. This will result in more fluid being collected during winter than during summer, but it will still be variable based on the above factors.

Each person will need to establish their own baseline for how frequently they will need to empty the tank on their particular car. This is why the vast majority of the kits on the market come with some method by which to periodically check the fluid level, be it a sight glass or a dip stick.

munkey

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info guys!

I guess its safe to say it will be at least several times a year, perhaps even more often depending on climate, driving style, etc.

Either way, I am interested in getting it. How hard is it to DIY if I'm not exceptionally mechanically inclined?

Status
Not open for further replies.