GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge catch can installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
I need to get our local test car back in here (likely tomorrow) in order to take some measurements to see exactly how much longer of a hose would be necessary, and we'll evaluate things from there.

We should be able to finalize the pricing and a possible initial group by before the end of the week.

:w00t:

Thank you to everybody who chimed in so Mike got our point about not wanting to chop up our engine covers. Many of us will eventually want to return our cars to stock when we sell, turn in our lease, or get a newer one, so keeping things stock and uncut is important.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Mike - I still want to buy just the "Africa Plate" and hose. Can I do that?

Right now, I cannot commit to being able to sell these pieces separately. Our production of each individual component is done to matched quantities to compose full kits. We don't like to have to split things up, and we do not want to make a habbit of it, as it screws with our production, but we may be able to work something out at some point.

Contact me privately and I'll see what I can do.

:w00t:

Thank you to everybody who chimed in so Mike got our point about not wanting to chop up our engine covers. Many of us will eventually want to return our cars to stock when we sell, turn in our lease, or get a newer one, so keeping things stock and uncut is important.

Just had the car in here and took some measurements. No promises this will happen, but we're looking into how it will affect the costing.

Regardless, the relief hole for the shorter hose is incredibly minor anyway, and while I fully understand why everyone is asking for the longer hose, the shorter one doesn't require "chopping" anything up and completely ruining the aesthetic of the cover. It's a tiny cut maybe 1" x 1" at the very most. You could return the car back to stock and sell it used and new owner would never really notice amidst all of the other random plastic within the engine bay.

Be prepared that the first run of kits will only be available with the shorter hose as they are likely already done and assembled in the kits.

munkey

Ready to race!
Holy shit thats a lot more expensive than I thought. I see now why you wanted to put the shorter hose to control costs.

$450 retail? Most I have seen were about $300 or so iirc.

dennybak

Ready to race!
Woah...that is a spendy piece of equipment.

Well personally working for a well know aftermarket vw company , extending a hose is not as costly as people may think. Personally i think 450 is alot for a catch can and i cant justify spending more just for a longer hose.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
While the molded hoses represent a decent portion of the cost, the majority of the cost is tied up in the PCV bypass plate (Africa plate). It is machined from a large piece of billet and takes a lot of machine time. It is the one thing that none of the other kits on the market include, which is the main reason why our kit is more expensive than the others on the market.

Bender1

Banned

Aonarch

Ready to race!
I need to get our local test car back in here (likely tomorrow) in order to take some measurements to see exactly how much longer of a hose would be necessary, and we'll evaluate things from there.

We should be able to finalize the pricing and a possible initial group by before the end of the week.

sub'd

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
New Engine Cover...?

Mike - you guys should make a Forge engine cover, like the one for the Mk4, that is built to suit the current hose in the kit.

Hmmm, let's think, would that make it more cost effective than just lengthening the kit hose enough to go out the stock recess? ahhh...Not...

Oh, I know it'$ for guy$ who have pile$ of money and ju$t wanna buy $tuff for their car$... My Bad.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Can we just let this go please.

I listened to the suggestions that you guys made and we have taken them under advisement. We will look into lengthening the hose for the next run.

Unfortunately, the hoses for the first run of kits are already produced and it's not possible to scrap/recycle the material and re-make them, so we're going to move forward with selling the first batch of kits as-is.

The small relief cut is really not that major, and I think you're making far too big a deal about it personally.

Just hold out for the next run of kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.