GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FX400 going bad

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
^ Yep, exactly what I was getting at

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i have a feeling this is going to be a major headache. remember folks, going the cheapest route isn't always the best. i should have just gone to the shop everyone recommended to me :mad0259:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
welp, mind officially took a shit on me. limped it to the shop this afternoon and it's getting diagnosed now. we'll see what they say.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
what did it do? just totally slipping all the time now? or it won't go in /out of gear?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i can still get it into gear but it slips all the time now. i put the car into first and slip it to get going then even after i release the clutch completely it slips for a while then grabs. everything feels mushy and even at highway speeds the slightest tap makes it slip. my oem clutch never felt like this even at it's worst and that was after driving on it for months after it started slipping.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I bet they didn't loctite the pressure plate bolts in, and it's working away from the flywheel and barely catching now

kern417

Go Kart Champion
pressure plate bolts? idk. i got flywheel bolts and they already had locker on the threads. i don't know anything much about the actual install to say whether they did or not, but it seems like if it needed locker they should have put it on the threads already. i didn't look for anything no the bolts when i inspected the clutch before install so i can't really say either way.

still waiting on this diagnosis. rental chrysler 200 sucks.

I bet they didn't loctite the pressure plate bolts in, and it's working away from the flywheel and barely catching now

I have noticed this happening often now, problem is trying to get a shop/dealer to tell you that the bolts were loose when they took the transmission back down since that would mean they didn't do the job correctly the first time.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I have noticed this happening often now, problem is trying to get a shop/dealer to tell you that the bolts were loose when they took the transmission back down since that would mean they didn't do the job correctly the first time.

which is exactly why I have my own fully equipped garage with a lift.. I don't trust anyone else to work on my car and not screw it up. If it's gonna be done wrong, I want to be the idiot that did it. :fighting0030:

gomez33

Ready to race!
Any update on this? It seems to be starting to happen on mine

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i had mine replaced with an fx350 and so far it's ok, but i'm not even past the break in period. clutch masters said that i wasn't making enough power to warrant the clutch and that caused it to wear more quickly.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
i had mine replaced with an fx350 and so far it's ok, but i'm not even past the break in period. clutch masters said that i wasn't making enough power to warrant the clutch and that caused it to wear more quickly.

How much power are you putting down?

U-20T

Go Kart Champion

interesting I have heard you need to drive it harder to make it last but I am not sure. I never have had an issue with mine at 370whp and now 25k after the initial install and at about 500whp still doesnt slip at all.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
How much power are you putting down?

im apr stage 2 with full bolt ons nothing crazy.

interesting I have heard you need to drive it harder to make it last but I am not sure. I never have had an issue with mine at 370whp and now 25k after the initial install and at about 500whp still doesnt slip at all.

i'll definitely be going the 6 puck route when i upgrade the turbo (if this one slips which i presume it will). i'll have no problem driving it harder if that's what it takes :D

Cotizi

Passed Driver's Ed
i just want to throw out there that my FX400 has started doing 100% same thing as this thread as of 2 days ago. it was perfectly fine 3 days ago. ive also noticed the fact that the grab point seems to shift around sometimes. i thought i was crazy so its good to hear the exact same comments from someone else.

I put it back on stock mode for now. Don't really know how to proceed other than to rip it out and go back to stock.

oh and PS my clutch has about 10k miles on it.