GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting "Speed Warning ---mph" on MFI

Graustark

Ready to race!
You should read the manual that came with the car. (not being a jerk here - there's good information in it.)

Now wait a second – the manual is a tremendous pile of crap. A million features shown that aren't on the U.S. version, interspersed with attorney-supplied legal bullshit intended to eliminate any potential liability on VW's part. Even the binder clasps don't close well.

There are six bullet points in the seat belt side box "Warning" section regarding how to wear a seat belt.

I randomly flipped just now to: "Warning: Always use the turn signals when changing lanes to alert other drivers." THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT REVELATION.

How about: "Warning: do not become engrossed in a game of Jenga when merging onto a freeway." "Warning: do not back over small children, as this may disrupt your wheel alignment."

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
"Warning: do not back over small children, as this may disrupt your wheel alignment."

I was wondering why my car seemed to be listing to one side...

:yikes:

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Even the binder clasps don't close well.

True. And thanks, I read that in your avatar's voice. :p

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
Now wait a second – the manual is a tremendous pile of crap. A million features shown that aren't on the U.S. version, interspersed with attorney-supplied legal bullshit intended to eliminate any potential liability on VW's part. Even the binder clasps don't close well.

There are six bullet points in the seat belt side box "Warning" section regarding how to wear a seat belt.

I randomly flipped just now to: "Warning: Always use the turn signals when changing lanes to alert other drivers." THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT REVELATION.

How about: "Warning: do not become engrossed in a game of Jenga when merging onto a freeway." "Warning: do not back over small children, as this may disrupt your wheel alignment."

Well put.

Despite the enormous amount of warnings/legal requirement :bs:, there's still a good amount of information in there which warrants a read through upon buying/leasing the car.

But yeah, 50% of the content is common sense warnings. Spend enough time on the road, however, and you'll realize that there's plenty of drivers with no common sense at all. Probably quite a few on this very forum :mad0259:

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Will do. Is it best to check the tires cold or after driving for a bit?
What do you think Ryan?

Pressure increases with temperature.

If you don't want this speed warning showing you can disable it in the MFD menus. ;)

fender177

Ready to race!
The TPMS is very accurate a drop of only 3psi in any tyre will put the light on. There is more than 3psi in those readings

I thought the manual said 10psi and the light will pop on?

Light def does work - alerted me to the fact that I had a nail in my tire.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Well its been 12 months since I read the handbook. I have the Flat Tyre Indicator and when my light comes on and I check the pressures and one tyre has lost 3psi thats all I can quote on. This normally happens every 3-4 weeks.

I bought myself VCDS for Christmas (because you never get anything useful do you?) and I did an autoscan and it picked up on a fault on

03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010
1 Fault Found:
02214 - Tire Pressure Warning
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

1 Fault Found:
00897 - Windshield Washer Pump (V5)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent

I cleared the faults and the light hasn't come on since. It went in for a service last Tuesday whether they checked the pressure which they should have I don't know.

The Windshield Washer Pump has always work as its supposed to so I don't know which that has shown up.

I've done autoscan last month but nothing showed up apart from it still says

03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

but not faults found. ;)