GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Godspeed/eBay Catback Exhaust

Zmedell

I'm actually going to have the muffler cut off and replace it with a stainless steel resonator that I have sitting around. The shop is charging $40 so why not do it. The sound is just a little too quiet for my taste as it sits right now, need a little more rumble...:D

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually going to have the muffler cut off and replace it with a stainless steel resonator that I have sitting around. The shop is charging $40 so why not do it. The sound is just a little too quiet for my taste as it sits right now, need a little more rumble...:D
Do you have a downpipe? This is my catback with APR downpipe (200 cell cat only)
I find it a little too loud lol

Zmedell

Do you have a downpipe? This is my catback with APR downpipe (200 cell cat only)

Your exhaust doesn't sound too loud in the vid, at least not to me. Although it might be the Go-Pro camera case muffling the sound.

I have the stock downpipe so it shouldn't be too loud. When I removed the stock catback I started the car just to see how it would sound without any muffler or pipes beyond the dp. I liked the sound but it was too loud especially in my garage...lol

I figure deleting the ebay muffler and adding the resonator might give me a straight pipe sound without it being too loud. If not, I only lost $40 for for the install...:D

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion

mine sounds just like this one. I really like, and it has a nice tone going to redline

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
I've had this catback for over a year now with no complaints. Its about that time to add a downpipe to the mix. I'm really undecided as to going catted or catless. I have no problem going catless (my other cars are all catless v8's) but i am concerned about making the exhaust raspy. I just dont want this to sound like some piece of crap civic. So with that being said are there any vids comparing both with this catback?

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!
So I want to know, with an aftermarket downpipe (in my case 42DD w/ cat) how loud is this? I'm looking to stay away from too much drone and considering speedy racer.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
So I want to know, with an aftermarket downpipe (in my case 42DD w/ cat) how loud is this? I'm looking to stay away from too much drone and considering speedy racer.
Iif you dont have res on your DP you will get some drone on the highway. Its loud when you WOT, and cold start. City driving is not bad.

boobiebuglione

Does anyone have any experience with both the Speedyracer and the Beluga? Both of these threads are super helpful separately, but I'm having trouble deciding between the two. Was on a little financial hiatus after buying an engagement ring, now I'm back in the market for a budget exhaust. From what I've gathered the quality, fit, finish, sound, price, etc are all up to par with both of these. I have no preference with the cannister or Y piped looks. Seems like Speedyracer might be a bit louder with a little drone possible?

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping a dead thread. Picked up one off Ebay from speedyracer for $199 shipped. Going to be mating up to an APR downpipe. Hopefully not too loud. But for half the price of a dual canister setup, worth trying!