GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Appearance Discussion

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Wait, have we even gotten official pics of the GTI yet? Everyone pre-bashing a car they haven't seen?!

I'm waiting on the MK9 mk8 is hella ugly

Dude the Mk9 looks so tame, the mk10, THAT is a beast and it f'ing hovers! That's so much cooler than anything else.

manny2206

Ready to race!
Wait, have we even gotten official pics of the GTI yet? Everyone pre-bashing a car they haven't seen?!

Dude the Mk9 looks so tame, the mk10, THAT is a beast and it f'ing hovers! That's so much cooler than anything else.

i always preferred the mk8 the slight floating above ground was better then then the flying option for the mk10

Becks

Ready to race!

I don't think most folks are "bashing" the MK7. I think a lot of folks are disappointed with what they have seen so far. IMO the MK7 looks a liitle to bland with parts taken from the Audi bin. It's not a "bad" looking car for the masses, and I hope it does well. But....for many GTI enthusiasts it is too soft looking, and needs to grow some gonads. Hopefully the GTI version gives us that. I would have liked to have seen a slightly blunter front end with some teeth to it, that way it would reflect a more aggressive appearance. GTI buyers are trying to envision how the GTI will look based on the standard model, and I am having difficulty seeing where the "teeth" in it will be shown.
GTI's should (imo) always maintain some boy-racer looks that are youthful. My fingers are still crossed.

astro_zombies

Ready to race!
I don't know why anyone can even say they are disappointed about anything. I mean, does a Golf look sporty? No, but a GTI does and in reality, how extreme are the differences between the two? Hell, I even think this mk7 golf looks much sportier than the current golf. I think once we get some of the GTI style cues we are gonna have a sexy, sexy car. Wonder how plaid will look in the interior :)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I don't know why anyone can even say they are disappointed about anything. I mean, does a Golf look sporty? No, but a GTI does and in reality, how extreme are the differences between the two? Hell, I even think this mk7 golf looks much sportier than the current golf. I think once we get some of the GTI style cues we are gonna have a sexy, sexy car. Wonder how plaid will look in the interior :)

Yeah, it's a little silly to me. Can't see how you can like a VI and not a VII.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I don't like the new grill. I don't like the new tail lights. And I don't like the new length. Those are three reasons how I can like an MK6, but not an MK7.

mayham85

Passed Driver's Ed
everyone judges vw for desıgn but in time everyone who judged vw will buy that vw with love. History always repeats :)

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
When I owned and was an active member of the MKV community, we all dreaded the MKVI release and vowed to never own it. Then it came out, people modded it and then interest flared up. Now I own one and wonder why I ever loved my MKV. I assume same will happen with the MK7 GTI. When it rolls out people will scoff at it and comment on how jacked up the USA version is. Then someone will lower it properly (not to the ground), flash it and we will all fall in love again.

I'm into my 2012 for at least 2 more years, maybe more if I go K04 ;-) .. so either way I gotta wait it out.

Eswin17

Ready to race!
I don't like the new grill. I don't like the new tail lights. And I don't like the new length. Those are three reasons how I can like an MK6, but not an MK7.

The Halogen headlights and stock taillights are two of the ugliest parts of an MK6. This is why most of us get rid of them. :p

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I agree with previous posts that new designs usually need a bit of time to get used to. I think the mark7 design looks good so far, the basic body shape and design looks solid and not too fussy. That is a good thing, as the only things that will likely change for the gti are the front and rear bumpers, side skirts, grill and wheels (and most of us will change the wheels anyways). As long as there aren't lots of fussy little bits in the front end I am confident the gti will look the part.