GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Appearance Discussion

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I think if you look at it head on, the edges of the hood tapers off to the fender more...the center portion is probably as high as before.

jrwamp

Ready to race!
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I'm liking the rendering of what the gti might look like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347457470.047181.jpg

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
^^^^
Very Nice.
I've been waiting for an image like that, thank you. :cool:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
But seriously... ?

Orange paint
20" wheels
tucked in wheels
carbon fiber roof?

Not gonna happen in a million years.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
carbon fiber roof may happen.. but I think it is unlikely that we'll get the lightweight version here in North America

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
carbon fiber roof may happen.. but I think it is unlikely that we'll get the lightweight version here in North America

not for 23k that's for sure.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Don't like the design of the lower part of the front bumper. Don't like the direction VW is designing the fog lights. I'm a big fan of round fog light.

DJG

I don't think it looks terrible, but if these photos are accurate, it has lost its individuality... Sort of looks like the A3's special cousin :iono:

My opinion may change when I see one in person but, as of right now, not loving it.

luckeydoug1

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't want an "Americanized" "German Engineered" Mexican car. I want a German-made German car. I can get Americanized German engineering in a Ford Focus or Fiesta.

Nothing against Mexicans- I don't want German sangria, either.

I was given a "German Engineered" Mexican VW as a loaner while my Mk VI was being serviced. It was without a doubt the cheapest piece of crap I have ever driven. It felt and drove like a 1986 Hyundai Excel- the $3,995 car that almost wrecked Hyundai in the US forever.

My next ride will be an A3 unless they decide to source it in the US or Mexico. No import dollars for domestic crap. I can get that at any GM, Chrysler or Ford stealership.

Someone needs to tell the morons in Virginia to keep at least part of the US Golf supply sourced in Wolfsburg. No Tennessee teabagger editions for me and no "German Engineered" Mexican car will ugly up my garage.

I hope VW smoked a cig after the new platform launched, because they got screwed. The Mk VI appears to be the high water mark for the Golf. Glad I got mine.
I was about to make a similar post, but you summed up my feelings perfectly.

My thoughts when I first saw the pictures of the MkVII were "not too bad", but the more I looked at it, the more I started do dislike it. From the god awful taillights, to the hood that drops off drastically at the end and the smiling bottom grille, to the center of the dash that angles back towards the driver, to the reversion of the location of the power window buttons ala the MkV, not to mention the new, rediculous pano roof. All of these are bad enough.

But most importantly to me, is the whole German Mexican American thing. My family has purchased 18 new VWs since 2000. I love my German made, German engineered cars. Our Mexico made one have been very problematic. I have test driven several of the American cars and am not impressed with how these cars have been Americanized.

Bottom line for me, I don't want an Americanized VW and I won't have another Mexican one. I just need to find a decent Audi dealer somewhat close to me. I have been very spoiled by my local VW dealer: Great sales department but even better repair department. (All I can say about our local Audi dealer is that they made a right dog's dinner of selling Dodges in the 80s and things have gotten even worse when it comes to selling Audis.

Note to VWOA: I hope you are able to attract (and more importantly KEEP) enough new owners to replace the growing number of loyal VW owners you continue to lose with your choices for the American market.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I was about to make a similar post, but you summed up my feelings perfectly.

My thoughts when I first saw the pictures of the MkVII were "not too bad", but the more I looked at it, the more I started do dislike it. From the god awful taillights, to the hood that drops off drastically at the end and the smiling bottom grille, to the center of the dash that angles back towards the driver, to the reversion of the location of the power window buttons ala the MkV. All of these are bad enough.

But most importantly to me, is the whole German Mexican American thing. My family has purchased 18 new VWs since 2000. I love my German made, German engineered cars. Our Mexico made one have been very problematic. I have test driven several of the American cars and am not impressed with how these cars have been Americanized.

Bottom line for me, I don't want an Americanized VW and I won't have another Mexican one. I just need to find a decent Audi dealer somewhat close to me. I have been very spoiled by my local VW dealer: Great sales department but even better repair department. (All I can say about our local Audi dealer is that they made a right dog's dinner of selling Dodges in the 80s and things have gotten even worse when it comes to selling Audis.

Note to VWOA: I hope you are able to attract (and more importantly KEEP) enough new owners to replace the growing number of loyal VW owners you continue to lose with your choices for the American market.

The Golf has not become Americanized.

The Jetta and Passat were specifically designed - and yes cheapened - for the American market.
The place of assembly has little or nothing to do with...

Oh never mind...