GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Mechanical Discussion

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
seriously, 222 is such an odd #, to me anyway....why not a nice solid 225?

but from minutes ago, "breaking" story....

"The model in which enthusiasts will be especially interested is the Golf GTI, which will be launched late next year alongside a more powerful Golf R. Both will forgo their current turbocharged 2.0-litre powerplants from Volkswagen’s EA113 engine family for more contemporary EA888 units developed in partnership with Audi. In the new GTI, which is set to be previewed in concept form at the Paris show, it is claimed to produce 222bhp, with the R receiving a more heavily tuned version delivering 276bhp"

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
EA113........to EA888........crap

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Meh Its fine. Splitting up topics to include engine vs. exterior is always a good idea.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
doesn't the Euro/ROW R already have 276hp?

McQueen77

Banned
more powerful R? wow... id consider another golf-based hatch if that were the case. w/these numbers, a stage 1 GTI would be closer to the current stage 2.. nice.

Last edited:

speed

Ready to race!
increased power and made lighter, the new gti will not disappoint.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
the Engine and Model I'm REALLY waiting to hear about is the GTD, and if they will bring it to the US.... last "rumor" had the next version at 190bhp, 300+trq and around 50mpg....

I'd say YES PLEASE to that for sure....

Shini

Go Kart Champion
the Engine and Model I'm REALLY waiting to hear about is the GTD, and if they will bring it to the US.... last "rumor" had the next version at 190bhp, 300+trq and around 50mpg....

I'd say YES PLEASE to that for sure....

32 HP diff for that Extra MPG...Even I'm interested!