GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Mechanical Discussion

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
MkVII might be more money to mod with the exhaust mani and turbo as one unit... Dont know about that

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I think APR or one of the other tuners posted evidence that the newer engine responds poorly to tunes compared to the current engine.

You might be referring to my post on this subject. I commented that the current 2.0T Audi Valve-Lift motor doesn't respond to tuning as well as the GTI 2.0T.

Here is the post: CLICK HERE

I overlaid and scaled APR's graphs comparing the two engines. The current GTI's 2.0T motor is better than Audi's Valve-Lift for tuning, plain and simple. That is NOT to say that a different Valve-Lift variant in a new GTI might not respond differently. I was only comparing current motors.

Last edited:

CFG9000

Ready to race!
You might be referring to my post on this subject. I commented that the current 2.0T Audi Valve-Lift motor doesn't respond as well as the GTI 2.0T.

Here is the post: CLICK HERE

I overlaid and scaled APR's graphs comparing the two engines. The current GTI's 2.0T motor is better than Audi's Valve-Lift for tuning, plain and simple. That is NOT to say that a different Valve-Lift variant in a new GTI might not respond differently. I was only comparing current motors.

That was what I was thinking of, thanks. We'll find out in a few weeks for sure, I guess.

copizza

Ready to race!
Wow...... does anyone remember the stupid 2012 Golf R vs Mk7 hp debate? I do! So if you were one of those "intellifolks" stating that you just knew you were gonna see 266hp stock from the MK7 GTI, please apologize to everyone now.

The rest of us can carry on.....

Soulmaker1

Ready to race!
The German brochure online indicates the availability of a 7 speed DSG.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Wow...... does anyone remember the stupid 2012 Golf R vs Mk7 hp debate? I do! So if you were one of those "intellifolks" stating that you just knew you were gonna see 266hp stock from the MK7 GTI, please apologize to everyone now.