GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

oeguy

Ready to race!
Contact TMtuning they hooked me up with the LED's with no rear fog. They offer both options with or without rear fog:)

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
Contact TMtuning they hooked me up with the LED's with no rear fog. They offer both options with or without rear fog:)

True but at over $120 difference in price, I'd rather go with ECS. This is why i need the part numbers

SteveP

Ready to race!
If you want a version without the fog you just need to order the right hand side inner light from a right hand drive car (i.e. like mine a UK spec car with the fog on the left, for the right hand side is just a reverse light).

I have the part numbers to make up a non-fog kit if anyone needs it.

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
If you want a version without the fog you just need to order the right hand side inner light from a right hand drive car (i.e. like mine a UK spec car with the fog on the left, for the right hand side is just a reverse light).

I have the part numbers to make up a non-fog kit if anyone needs it.

I would like them please.

SteveP

Ready to race!
Based on my logic of using one inner light from a left hand drive car and the other from a right hand drive car the part numbers you would need are: -

US Spec with no Fog lights: -

1x 5K0 945 093 Q (Inner Light Left)
1x 5K0 945 094 P (Inner Light Right)
1x 5K0 945 095 L (Outer Light)
1x 5K0 945 096 L (Outer Light)

UK / Right Hand Drive Cars with Fog on the right: -

1x 5K0 945 094 Q (Inner Light Right)

Euro / Left Hand Drive Cars with Fog on the left: -

1x 5K0 945 093 P (Inner Light Left)

In the UK, I am able to source the lights and make the required adapters with VW parts (not cheap copies) for around £430 if anyone is interested :)

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
Based on my logic of using one inner light from a left hand drive car and the other from a right hand drive car the part numbers you would need are: -

US Spec with no Fog lights: -

UK / Right Hand Drive Cars with Fog on the right: -

1x 5K0 945 094 Q (Inner Light Right)

Euro / Left Hand Drive Cars with Fog on the left: -

1x 5K0 945 093 P (Inner Light Left)

In the UK, I am able to source the lights and make the required adapters with VW parts (not cheap copies) for around £430 if anyone is interested :)

Thank you for the part numbers. How much would a set shipped in euros to Canada.

oeguy

Ready to race!
Has anyone come up with the correct coding yet for the NA cars? I saw your DIY Steve but from what I've been reading the byte 18 is marked as unsafe?

SteveP

Ready to race!
So what issues are there with RHD vs LHD?

I noticed that kufatec have the adapters but it says not suitable for right hand drive?

what difference would it make, why could you not just swap the cables???:confused:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1602_LED-Rear-Lights---Adapter---VW-Golf-6-VI.html

I emailed kufatec to check before making my own adapters, they could not explain why, but I know of people in the UK who purchased them and they work fine. The pin outs are the same (pin 1 old connector to pin 1 on LED connector).

livid2

Passed Driver's Ed
I emailed kufatec to check before making my own adapters, they could not explain why, but I know of people in the UK who purchased them and they work fine. The pin outs are the same (pin 1 old connector to pin 1 on LED connector).

I sent them an email last night as well. I asked if they would be making these for RHD. The reply was essentially that the cables may work, they just never tried them on a RHD car.

Steve, do you know anyone in the UK (or any RHD owner) that has used Kufatecs Diagnostic Interface?

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...c-Interface-LED-rear-lights-VW-Golf-6-VI.html

I think the bigest issue for me is the coding. I have no experience with coding and I am reluctant to start playing around with it.

at 30 euros, I would be happy to buy the Diagnostic unit from Kufatec if I knew it worked on RHD cars?

Can anyone confirm that it does?

iTox

Passed Driver's Ed
I connected it on vcds, and changed the byte 18 to 0100 ( 04 ) and it still does not work.. it works well actualy, but they stop lighting when got lid opened, and there is a error on display, something as a yellow light which shows it burnt....

I deleted the errors (fault codes) and put that again and same error again, any suggestions?

alterswede

Got this message from a VAG-dude today in Sweden.
Is there any truth behind this when im using OEM VW Parts, im using same setup as SteveP.

"Hi,

Bad news about LED's - all orders are canceled in Germany due to technical problems.
According to VAG in Sweden they have had problems with error codes in the electrical system in retrofitted lights. The cars that are made from v45 onwards works better but still not perfect.
According to VAG it is not recommended to use VAG-COM to "fool" the car that it is in the original lamps. If something happens to the electrical system after fitting these light - the warranty is void."