GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grambles Hella Functional (Part Deux)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Hmmmm I'm keeping my opinions reserved until I can get to a keyboard.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Package arrive?

Yep. My wife told me arrived! I plan on doing my modifications to make them work probably tomorrow and then we can get this party started!

Thanks a lot man!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
What package?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
So nice to be driving my car after driving this POS Mazda 6 all week.

I've grown fond of the refined feeling again without the bushings. I, however, miss the feedback in the pedal. Ill keep preaching it, it was definitely a worthwhile modification on top of pads. Highly suggested. Merkle will enjoy his purchase from myself :)

Sways are still on. I'm still going back and goth about these. Il make my mind up when I slap my XB on this weekend.

In other news I got to see rough sketches of my future car. :) very "concepty" but so far I like the approach.

Got to modify the stock iC hoses for the golf R IC ill be purchasing.

No manifold CEL for 3 weeks.

Boost gauge buzz is bothering me now. Ill have to fix that too.

All in all I like where the car is. Like I've mentioned before, it feels "tossable" now instead of "fragile". Mostly because there are more stock parts on it.

Merkle

Banned
I've grown fond of the refined feeling again without the bushings. I, however, miss the feedback in the pedal. Ill keep preaching it, it was definitely a worthwhile modification on top of pads. Highly suggested. Merkle will enjoy his purchase from myself :)

I was a little worried it may be too harsh from your other posts, but it's not permanent, and I'm tired of stepping on a sponge to stop the car.

Now per our other discussion on installing front sways I have also been looking at the Tyrol subframe mounts too.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I was a little worried it may be too harsh from your other posts, but it's not permanent, and I'm tired of stepping on a sponge to stop the car.

Now per our other discussion on installing front sways I have also been looking at the Tyrol subframe mounts too.

Its not bad. I'm a stickler and my MKV is way more NVH heavy than the MK6. You wont notice it at all. Keep them greased :) You'll love the performance and feedback. I know I did.

I 100% suggest doing the collars WITH FSB. You're already down there and dropping the frame, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Merkle

Banned
Its not bad. I'm a stickler and my MKV is way more NVH heavy than the MK6. You wont notice it at all. Keep them greased :) You'll love the performance and feedback. I know I did.

How often should I pull them out and grease them?
Is that what I should use?

I 100% suggest doing the collars WITH FSB. You're already down there and dropping the frame, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Exactly, that's the plan.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
So nice to be driving my car after driving this POS Mazda 6 all week.

Sways are still on. I'm still going back and goth about these. Il make my mind up when I slap my XB on this weekend.

In other news I got to see rough sketches of my future car. :) very "concepty" but so far I like the approach.

Got to modify the stock iC hoses for the golf R IC ill be purchasing.

No manifold CEL for 3 weeks.

Boost gauge buzz is bothering me now. Ill have to fix that too.

All in all I like where the car is. Like I've mentioned before, it feels "tossable" now instead of "fragile". Mostly because there are more stock parts on it.
Dont take this the wrong way, but you sound kind of like Plac...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
How often should I pull them out and grease them?
Is that what I should use?

I did it twice a year, or whenever I was down there for no reason. :)

Dont take this the wrong way, but you sound kind of like Plac...

No doubt man. I fully understand that statement.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Right on, is the high-temp anti-seize I have pictured above what I need?

I greased them 4 times in the life I had them. (About a year)

I used the supplied grease once and that exact antiseize the other times..