GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grambles Hella Functional (Part Deux)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I can see myself in a newer accord sport. Maybe even an accord coupe.

Ridgeline is something to consider. Will wait for redesign.
Civic, but that'll be a few years.

As for what I'm looking towards. I can't give timelines yet. But ill give you a range of 2014-2017

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i saw something about the Acura RLX something or other with 4 wheel steering back and the weird multi-LED headlights. Maybe some of the stuff coming Honda soon?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
i saw something about the Acura RLX something or other with 4 wheel steering back and the weird multi-LED headlights. Maybe some of the stuff coming Honda soon?

Most definitely. :) or at least that's the plan I believe

McQueen77

Banned
I was kind of blown away by how nice the sport was in person. Id have to have the v6 though

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I was kind of blown away by how nice the sport was in person. Id have to have the v6 though

I think the 4cyl has enough pope for the daily driving roads. Especially my daily commute. However, I do agree that the V6 would have THAT much more substantial increase in power. I wish they offered a V6 Sport Sedan :(

Back to bushings. NVH DECREASED A LOT! I never realize how much road noise was transferred from the calipers resting on the pins. Now with the rubber isolating the vibrations, the ride is a lot more sustainable on the rough patches of road during my commute. It's quite pleasant actually. Almost to the point of "do not touch". :) We will see. Again, the pads still make the biggest difference in stopping power.

The car feels smoother. The exhaust plug leak fix, plus the DV replacement has yielded quite the change in the over all dynamic. It feels more tossable. A trait I've been looking for a while. I'm satisfied I believe.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
With the torque onset vein more linear and the spool is slightly delayed, it seems more applicable torque is being outputted to the wheels. Of course in first I'm spinning, but second catches sooner.

K04 used to be nonsense until mid ranger in third :). Sill fun though.

A_Bowers

With the torque onset vein more linear and the spool is slightly delayed, it seems more applicable torque is being outputted to the wheels. Of course in first I'm spinning, but second catches sooner.

K04 used to be nonsense until mid ranger in third :). Sill fun though.

That is so very true. If the pavement is warm and the tires are warm 3rd isn't too bad. But I agree completely with the previous statement.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
That is so very true. If the pavement is warm and the tires are warm 3rd isn't too bad. But I agree completely with the previous statement.

Yeah, and I'm not really WOT at stops unless I'm on the back roads with no one around. Chelsea cops LOVE to prowl Hwy280 so I keep my crazyness to a minimum, but Hwy25 is my bliss.

So, everytime I drive into Honda, theres exactly 2 bumps that would give me "thunks" at lower speeds. I always knew it was accounted for the Bushings, and sure enough, NO NOISE today. Its 100% attributed to the manufacturing tolerances within the bushings to the caliper casting.

If you could Isolate the movement in the bushings, and possibly provide a bearing like design internally, that way you keep the caliper fixed, but provide a smooth sliding action, I'm sure you could get away with it. The rubber bushings allow for a tighter fit to the caliper since the hole is undersized to the pin. Maybe a more solid rubber would do?

A_Bowers

OR, you could do this. Like our buddy Dave :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368447651.418344.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368447668.617203.jpg

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Spend $30 and machine my own rubber bushings............

Spend $3200 on a full brembo setup.

A_Bowers

Spend $30 and machine my own rubber bushings............

Spend $3200 on a full brembo setup.

Thats obvious......................Brembo :p

Becauseracecar

Also, these pull your face off when decelerating. Like silly stopping power.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Thats obvious......................Brembo :p

Becauseracecar

Also, these pull your face off when decelerating. Like silly stopping power.

Right....I keep forgetting..."becauseracekor"

A_Bowers

Right....I keep forgetting..."becauseracekor"

I let my Dad drive the car a few days ago....he rolled into the gas in 2nd and kinda freaked out when it started spinning the wheels everywhere. Caught 3rd and it hooked........He was just laughing at how silly the car is now.

sanyudz

Ready to race!
Gambles, I saw that you had ran the TDR PR1.2 on your car before. Could you help me out and tell me what size lug bolt I would need for them? Mine are the same size as the ones you had, 18x8 ET45. I understand they are cone seated, correct?

Thanks!