GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GreasyGinzos MK6 Life Story & Mod Journal

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed IC installed

grats on the N IC and going BT! def in for review.

Im stage 2 and considering F23T, and now looking at the N IC too. how do you like yours?

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
grats on the N IC and going BT! def in for review.

Im stage 2 and considering F23T, and now looking at the N IC too. how do you like yours?

Thanks!

I will be doing a write up of the APR gtx kit once its installed and I get some drive time.

The Neuspeed IC is really nice everything typical Neuspeed high qualty. IATs drop to ambient immediately @WOT spool feels a little quicker and top feels stronger as well. The first 2 test drives after install I blew hoses off so I came back and tightened the t-bolt clamps all the way to the last thread and everything is holding now. Install was super easy overall I am very happy with it and would reccomed it to anyone.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
VERY nice, definitely NOT a fugazi.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
killer, awesome to hear that. I actually really like my R IC, and it seems to boost really well for what it is and the performance/speed mods that I have.

I always wondered how the boost would change +/- upgrading to a better IC. do you notice any induced lag before the power? what do you think the change would be like for someone like me with my set up?

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
VERY nice, definitely NOT a fugazi.

Lol no this not some fugazzi part!

killer, awesome to hear that. I actually really like my R IC, and it seems to boost really well for what it is and the performance/speed mods that I have.

I always wondered how the boost would change +/- upgrading to a better IC. do you notice any induced lag before the power? what do you think the change would be like for someone like me with my set up?

With the stock GTI intercooler I was seeing 28psi now with the Neuspeed I'm seeing 26.5 psi but I have to log to double check that. As far as lag there is none in fact it is the opposite I feel it spools slightly quicker. Is it worth it on stock turbo over your already installed R IC? Probably and with a ko4,F23 or bigger absolutely. For anyone still running the stock GTI intercooler I think it is worth it as well between the couple hundo the R IC will cost you and then the install of a stock location IC.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Lol no this not some fugazzi part!

With the stock GTI intercooler I was seeing 28psi now with the Neuspeed I'm seeing 26.5 psi but I have to log to double check that. As far as lag there is none in fact it is the opposite I feel it spools slightly quicker. Is it worth it on stock turbo over your already installed R IC? Probably and with a ko4,F23 or bigger absolutely. For anyone still running the stock GTI intercooler I think it is worth it as well between the couple hundo the R IC will cost you and then the install of a stock location IC.

interesting, cool to hear your input. dumb question, but is lower psi a good thing? I was lucky and got my R used and installed for $395. otherwise I was really looking at SPM or Neuspeed. both would be about the same cost wise as the SPM is cheaper upfront but cost a bit more to install since it is middle mount.

I still dont know which is the better of the two, SPM vs Neuspeed as far as performance. Id probably go Neuspeed because of fitment and quality.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
interesting, cool to hear your input. dumb question, but is lower psi a good thing? I was lucky and got my R used and installed for $395. otherwise I was really looking at SPM or Neuspeed. both would be about the same cost wise as the SPM is cheaper upfront but cost a bit more to install since it is middle mount.

I still dont know which is the better of the two, SPM vs Neuspeed as far as performance. Id probably go Neuspeed because of fitment and quality.

ECU can adjust boost for requested tq or could be I have a slight boost leak but I doubt it. SPM is straight garbage only stock location IC I would ever buy is the IE or Wagner