GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered forge dv spacer!!

SargeMKVI

Semper Fi!
I just got mine this afternoon!!

Mike, it was nice meeting you and Shaun today. The A3 is SICK!!! Now you got my wife wanting to get one. (Thank God)

Looking forward to getting everything you guys are going to offer.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
The A3 is actually Angel's. You must have met him. I left a little early yesterday, but I'm glad you're happy with everything. I remember meeting your wife before, however, and congrats on baby! :thumbsup:

Let us know if there is anything else you need.

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
okay so the first two links to this product from the OP and another guy are no longer any good. I'd really like to make sure I'm buying the right product so please take a look and check to see if this is right-

I do want the DV Spacer and yes, I only want it for the 'blow off valve' sound (yes I know it is not a real blow off valve)...

Here's what I'm looking at: https://www.ecstuning.com/ES1832412/

I've got a 2013 GTI Autobahn.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
okay so the first two links to this product from the OP and another guy are no longer any good. I'd really like to make sure I'm buying the right product so please take a look and check to see if this is right-

I do want the DV Spacer and yes, I only want it for the 'blow off valve' sound (yes I know it is not a real blow off valve)...

Here's what I'm looking at: https://www.ecstuning.com/ES1832412/

I've got a 2013 GTI Autobahn.

I read this as:

• I want to have a "fake" sounding BOV sound.
  • I want to have oil pissing over everything.
  • I want to have poor performance.
  • I want to have fuel trims shot to hell.
  • I want to have a CEL on my instrument cluster.

If so, you're looking at the right thing for sure. Enjoy!

Coolicarboy

Ready to race!
I read this as:

• I want to have a "fake" sounding BOV sound.
  • I want to have oil pissing over everything.
  • I want to have poor performance.
  • I want to have fuel trims shot to hell.
  • I want to have a CEL on my instrument cluster.

If so, you're looking at the right thing for sure. Enjoy!

I actually the same thing happen to me with the CEL and weird performance. CEL would come and go whenever I had the spacer installed. Also, I would get a weird surging while building up boost.

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
nevermind on this one : )

Last edited:

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
another question about it tho

As I have DSG and do not let off the gas when shifting will it still release (and make the BOV noise) during shifts? I know this question was somewhat asked but the answer was not very conclusive.

Anyone with DSG have it, or had it who has experience with this?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
After reading this thread and researching this part the only part of your post that I see that holds weight is the "fake" bit, so yes, I like the sound and from the videos I've seen it sounds a lot like real BOV.

Care to enlighten me with any evidence to support your other claims?

Just look at the piece. It put holes in a system that is meant to be sealed. It will leak boost and it will spray oil.

Read this (sorry the pictures don't work): http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32478

This guy took logs and proved it leaked.

Just buy an open intake if you want fun engine sounds.

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
Just look at the piece. It put holes in a system that is meant to be sealed. It will leak boost and it will spray oil.

Read this (sorry the pictures don't work): http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32478

This guy took logs and proved it leaked.

Just buy an open intake if you want fun engine sounds.

Dang, hadn't seen that thread on it.. Alright, may have to go another route. Suppose I may start with an intake. After that though I may try to do a real BOV, heard it can be done with some re-configuring. Love the way they sound.

Thanks-

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Dang, hadn't seen that thread on it.. Alright, may have to go another route. Suppose I may start with an intake. After that though I may try to do a real BOV, heard it can be done with some re-configuring. Love the way they sound.

Thanks-

The reasons there can be drivability issues with atmospheric venting is because the system is losing air that has already been metered by the MAF. There is no benefit in making a "real BOV" setup for our cars, only potential issues.

What you can do is buy a vacuum diverter valve setup like the Forge, CTS, AWE, etc. units. Then the computer will no longer control the valve but it will still recirculate the air properly in our system. They typically sound more like a common BOV because they only open when vacuum pulls on the diaphragm with more force than the piston spring, so the sound is a bit sharper/quicker.

If you want to hear the turbo buy an open element intake kit. Don't create problems looking for a BOV noise.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
+1 for open intake. My CTS intake made nice noises even when stock boost lvls.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

Thanks-

Dude, I wasn't trying to be a douche (it comes naturally). Seriously, rather look at the CTS BOV kit. That's what I'm running. You get better than stock performance from the DV and you get proper BOV sound. It's more expensive, but in my opinion, it's the only proper way to get Bov sound.

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
Dude, I wasn't trying to be a douche (it comes naturally). Seriously, rather look at the CTS BOV kit. That's what I'm running. You get better than stock performance from the DV and you get proper BOV sound. It's more expensive, but in my opinion, it's the only proper way to get Bov sound.

Word, found this, should be it http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/produc...LOW_OFF_VALVE_KIT_EA113_EA888_1-4775-569.html
how hard is the install on something like that?

Also, even though I did just purchase a 19k car I am pretty tight on funds. Im pretty sure I can handle an intake install on my own, was gunna install the DV spacer myself, but now im of course going a different direction... This BOV is actually cheaper then the good intakes i've looked at, but if I gotta pay for an install I'd bet that'd be another $100+...

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
The reasons there can be drivability issues with atmospheric venting is because the system is losing air that has already been metered by the MAF. There is no benefit in making a "real BOV" setup for our cars, only potential issues.

What you can do is buy a vacuum diverter valve setup like the Forge, CTS, AWE, etc. units. Then the computer will no longer control the valve but it will still recirculate the air properly in our system. They typically sound more like a common BOV because they only open when vacuum pulls on the diaphragm with more force than the piston spring, so the sound is a bit sharper/quicker.

If you want to hear the turbo buy an open element intake kit. Don't create problems looking for a BOV noise.

Delving into research on this now ; ) thanks