GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered forge dv spacer!!

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
Dude, I wasn't trying to be a douche (it comes naturally). Seriously, rather look at the CTS BOV kit. That's what I'm running. You get better than stock performance from the DV and you get proper BOV sound. It's more expensive, but in my opinion, it's the only proper way to get Bov sound.

Also, do you know if this, legit BOV will purge when the DSG switches gears or only when I let off the gas?

Last edited:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
okay so the first two links to this product from the OP and another guy are no longer any good. I'd really like to make sure I'm buying the right product so please take a look and check to see if this is right-

I do want the DV Spacer and yes, I only want it for the 'blow off valve' sound (yes I know it is not a real blow off valve)...

Here's what I'm looking at: https://www.ecstuning.com/ES1832412/

I've got a 2013 GTI Autobahn.

I read this as:

• I want to have a "fake" sounding BOV sound.
  • I want to have oil pissing over everything.
  • I want to have poor performance.
  • I want to have fuel trims shot to hell.
  • I want to have a CEL on my instrument cluster.

If so, you're looking at the right thing for sure. Enjoy!

Came here to second some of this. I ran one of the spacers for a while, the sound was great, but I did get some of the complications as well, which is why I no longer run it. Definitely poorer performance, but I never got a CEL, and I didn't have oil pissing all over everything, but you do notice some oil around the DV when you're down there. YMMV on that.

I was really excited about getting this and it was the first thing I bought when I got my car, as it was my first turbo'd car, it was a teenage racecar dream I had always had that I just had to fulfill. Despite what anyone else says, I loved the sound, and I still miss the sound, but the worst part was the poor performance. It really kills your boost and leaks like a sonuvabitch. Despite the love of the sound, you'll hate the performance loss.

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
Came here to second some of this. ........ Despite the love of the sound, you'll hate the performance loss.

Word... Yeah, I'm pretty sure im off the idea of the spacer. Looking at a legit BOV or intake at this point.

zrickety

The Fixer
I think installed properly the spacer is fine. I've been running mine about 2 years with k04, no issue, cool spaceship sounds.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Just to add bud:

If you I had to choose between the BOV and an intake, the intake would win hands down. The reason being, it's an upgrade in performance AND provides some "moar turbo soundz". It's a no-brainer if you had to choose between the two.

Also, just a sidenote on the CTS BOV kit (and I keep forgetting this) - I have a DV relocate fitted to my car which makes it one million times easier to change the DV etc. If my DV was still sitting on my turbo (like yours) I wouldn't even attempt the install because it would be too tedious.

Get yourself a unitronic intake and enjoy. Seriously.

zrickety

The Fixer
Intake and handling mods are definitely better. I did the install with a floor jack and stands. One bolt was tricky but very straightforward.